Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-14-2021, 12:12 AM   #76
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 5, Likebook 4, Tolino 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I'm also pretty sure that Kobo gets some kind of royalty from Overdrive. Amazon is in the same position as Kobo with its Kindles and I'm guessing they're not part of Overdrive for their health. (I could be wrong, but I'm guessing both get some kind of percentage.)
Shouldn't there be .kepub to borrow then?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:56 AM   #77
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Shouldn't there be .kepub to borrow then?
Yes, obviously there has to be. But, Kobo creates them. Kobo's method basically matches books in the OD library to books in their system and supplies the kepub version when it is downloaded to the device. That is the point of the integration and it does work without the user caring what the format is.

There are occasions were Kobo doesn't have the book. But, if your library uses OD and supports Kobo borrowing, it is much more likely that the book will be available than that it isn't. There are also occasions where the book hasn't matched properly, but, Kobo will fix these when told about them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote