Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Rumor of more hardware from Amazon

I don't know anything about this site or this author but I saw this in passing.

Thought I'd see if anyone is interested.

[later edit]--mphf I should have looked a little farther.

NYT blog page here
Ubergizmo here

Last edited by catsittingstill; 08-11-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: add more web pages
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #2
ski_power
Book eater
ski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3 G 3G (<-lol)
I don't know. I feel the MP3 player race is over. So, Amazon entering won't really be any game changer/breaker to Apple. Also to be noted is that Amazon songs do works with the iPod yes? So that really doesn't give amazon any tactical advantage.
Although, if amazon were to develop an iPad-esque tablet that would be awesome atleast from a competition standpoint if nothing else.
ski_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Well it kind of makes sense. Given the smaller margin for profit on e-ink and Amazon have a good ereader/ebook market share, they are probably looking for new and other profitable opportunities to utilise Lab126.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
ppw
Connoisseur
ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle DXG, iPad 3
Sounds to me Amazon is fighting to survive. Their Kindle hardware will not provide the growth they need in a few years. Their software (in terms of book sale) is quickly becoming "One Of" not "The One" like it used to be.

A media player will reinforce the rumor of Amazon acquiring Netflix. It could be a good play to hedge. The draw back is that Netflix is pricey and doing so will also make Amazon stray away from their bread and butter business of book selling.
ppw is offline   Reply With Quote