Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
ellen.rosser
ellen.rosser began at the beginning.

Device: none
Please help an ignorant Apple user.

Dear People,
Greetings. I've just joined the MobileRead Forums and I'm not doing very well. I have an Apple, I downloaded Adobe Flash, and then ADE, butr when I try to activate it, I keep getting the message E Adept Request Expired. I try again and get the same response. Any suggestions? I really would like to reead an ebook.
Many thanks for any help you can give an old woman.
Peace and blessings, Ellen Rosser
ellen.rosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
You should really be asking this in the proper device forum. That's where the people with the answers are. (well, I myself can answer any question, but I doubt if "42" is the answer you're looking for) I'll ask a mod to move it for you.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2010, 04:24 AM   #3
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
If Adobe Support isn't giving you an answer, it might be an idea to drop a PM to Jim Lester to see if he can help. There are people from Adobe who keep an eye on this forum, but the thread title isn't very descriptive.

Googling the error msg shows 1 thread on an Adobe support forum where someone on a Windows box managed to fix this by fiddling with the system date, but that's all I know.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen.rosser View Post
Dear People,
Greetings. I've just joined the MobileRead Forums and I'm not doing very well. I have an Apple, I downloaded Adobe Flash, and then ADE, butr when I try to activate it, I keep getting the message E Adept Request Expired. I try again and get the same response. Any suggestions? I really would like to reead an ebook.
Many thanks for any help you can give an old woman.
Peace and blessings, Ellen Rosser

I do not have an Apple computer, this forum is normally for iPhone, iPod, and iPad users.... however.... I went to the Adobe site and found the information below. Maybe it can help.... and blessings to you as well - from an old man

When you activate Adobe Digital Editions 1.x or read epubs, you might experience the following error:

"E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate "
Reason

This error is caused by one of, or some combination of, the following three system settings:

1. incorrect clock time.
2. incorrect date.
3. incorrect time zone.

When you download an PDF or epub, the Adobe activation records timestamp information from the Adobe activation server. This information is stored inside the book. When you attempt to open the book, this information is compared to your current system information. If your system has an incorrect time/date/time zone, then the activation server disallows the request and you cannot read the book.
Solution

Carefully check the machine's system time, date, and time zone to be certain they match the time/date/zone when you purchased the PDF or epub. In most cases this will resolve the error.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ade, apple