Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
hariinahat
hariinahat began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
Question Is there a way of marking books you have already read on the Cybook Opus?

Is there a way of marking books you have already read on the cybook opus? I went thru the manual and the forum and could not find any answers.

Thanks
hariinahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by hariinahat View Post
Is there a way of marking books you have already read on the cybook opus? I went thru the manual and the forum and could not find any answers
Nope. I usually just delete them from the device since they are backed up elsewhere.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2010, 04:19 AM   #3
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
If this is an important feature for you, you should send a mail to bookeen to say them that is a feature you want/need, they always welcome for new idea.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:29 AM   #4
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
It is a feature that was always important to me. I do not have an Opus, but the original Cybook Gen3. With the new Firmware with Folders, my 2 main folders are "Read" and "Not Read". Every time I complete reading a book, I put it in the "Read" Folder. It works well for me!

Regards,

Georges,
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:20 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
That's OK but you have to do it when the Opus is connected to the computer, no from the device, the best way for me.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2010, 02:27 AM   #6
blak4dr
Zealot
blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 623, Kobo Glo HD, Aura One,Aura H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
That's OK but you have to do it when the Opus is connected to the computer, no from the device, the best way for me.
I agree with you. I carry around my whole ebook library on my Opus (about 650 books) and about 100 of these are still unread.

At first I used to transfer my ebooks by hand and move them around but it is a pain in the butt. A feature to mark a book read (that could be reset) would be perfect).

Right now, I have to go by memory, and it is not efficient at all
blak4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:06 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Yes, I was thinking about it. If you could have a menu entry (like goto...), where you mark a book as "read" ("unread" by default) and, in the bookshelf, perhaps, a "*" in front of the book title, it would be nice.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #8
hariinahat

@Terisa de morgan - Thats exactly what I was thinking of too, I have about 400 books on the Opus as of now, I love the fact that the opus remembers where I left off in each book but would like to see what you describe for marking books that have already been read.

@Godzil - I will email bookeen support with this idea, Lets hope they implement this in thier next firmware update.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #9
hariinahat

I received a reply from bookeen support, they said that they would forward this suggestion onto the engineering team. Lets hope this makes it to the next firmware release.

Tags
opus