Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
jrb028
jrb028 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Adobe Digital Editions 1.7.2

I currently own a Kindle 2, but am frustrated with lack of library support. I'm thinking of replacing it with the Nook.

I see there is an update of Adobe Digital Editions, and the announcement on the Adobe page says it supports Sony Reader, but does not mention Nook.

Can anyone confirm that going forward, Nook and Adobe Digital Editions will play nicely and allow me to check out library books? That is my only reason for deciding to purchase a Nook . . . if it's not going to work, I won't buy one. I need to know before I purchase, since they charge a restocking fee

Thanks!
jrb028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
It is no problem to use the Nook with ADE. I personaly prefer Calibre. You can send all your DRM epub books via Calibre on your Nook.

But you know, that you cannot send your Amazon books on the Nook. It cannot read that format. But if you "free" them, you can convert them to epub and send them on your Nook either.

But I have to tell you one thing. At the moment there is no way, to organize your personal library on the Nook. Only the B&N stuff can be organized by auther, date or title.

The software update is actualy expected today, at least, that's what the say at the B&N forum. Maybe after that, it will be possible to organize side loaded stuff too.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert