Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Orwell, George: Animal Farm. v1.1. 17 June 2009

Animal Farm is Orwell's allegorical tale of the Russian Revolution recast as a rebellion of the downtrodden animals on Manor Farm. All the major players are there, including Marx, Lenin, Stalin and Trotsky, but now in the guise of the "Beasts of England". This story is a must read for anyone interested in understanding the history of the 20th century, the role played by the Russion Revolution and how the initial bright hopes for worker freedom were corrupted into the totalitarinism of the Soviet Union.

There is a previously posted LRF version of Animal Farm on this forum, which closely follows the Gutenberg text.

This current version has been converted directly from the Project Gutenberg text, with the following enhancements:

Correct formatting of indented text (songs etc).
Fixed some typos and incorrect hyphens.
Proper use of opening and closing quotes, and apostrophes.
Correct use of italics for emphasised text, instead of CAPITALS.
"Smart" italics. Italics are rendered on the PRS with additional trailing white space, which can look a bit odd if italicised text is followed by punctuation, e.g., instead of "Is this italics ?", I have chosen to italicise the subsequent punctuation, e.g., "Is this italics?", which I think looks better.

I hope you like this version, and please let me know of any corrections.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Animal Farm - George Orwell.lrf (90.6 KB, 916 views)
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Animal Farm is Orwell's allegorical tale of the Russian Revolution recast as a rebellion of the downtrodden animals on Manor Farm. All the major players are there, including Marx, Lenin, Stalin and Trotsky, but now in the guise of the "Beasts of England". This story is a must read for anyone interested in understanding the history of the 20th century, the role played by the Russion Revolution and how the initial bright hopes for worker freedom were corrupted into the totalitarinism of the Soviet Union.

There is a previously posted LRF version of Animal Farm on this forum, which closely follows the Gutenberg text.

This current version has been converted directly from the Project Gutenberg text, with the following enhancements:

Correct formatting of indented text (songs etc).
Fixed some typos and incorrect hyphens.
Proper use of opening and closing quotes, and apostrophes.
Correct use of italics for emphasised text, instead of CAPITALS.
"Smart" italics. Italics are rendered on the PRS with additional trailing white space, which can look a bit odd if italicised text is followed by punctuation, e.g., instead of "Is this italics ?", I have chosen to italicise the subsequent punctuation, e.g., "Is this italics?", which I think looks better.

I hope you like this version, and please let me know of any corrections.
Thanks! Needed this to read along with my son for his school project.
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert