Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-04-2016, 09:06 AM   #16
JBailey
JBailey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Ereader wireless N647b
I have the same problem with my Kobo WiFi N647. Could DavidFor please send me a link to the SD card image download. Thanks
JBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:01 PM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.

And I have to ask everyone: Is there something in the air? Or is it just that everyone has had a bit of free time. I seem to have sent out a lot of images in the last week or so. This is not a complaint, just a comment. I'd much prefer to think that everyone was quickly fixing their devices and having a good read while sitting back with their favourite beverage.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2016, 10:28 AM   #18
alexstep
alexstep began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T3
Hi Davidfor, it must be the weather :-)
I promised to fix my friends old Kobo but looks like only SD card image can help.
It’ll be greatly appreciated if you can help me with it, it’s for Kobo Wireless N647B.
Thanks in advance,
Alex.
alexstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:49 PM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:01 PM   #20
Rub29
Rub29 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO WIFI
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbed2 View Post
I was unable to restore my Kobo Wireless N647B from any of the images that folks were nice enough to share with me, so they must have been from the N647 model.

I found another N647B for sale, cheap, so I now have a DD image from a factory restored internal SD card. If anybody is in need, ping me and I'll upload it somewhere you can grab it from. (970MB gzip'd)

This image will NOT work on an N647 model, it will only boot the "B" version.

Thanks all!

David
Does anybody have and could share a working SD image of N647B? I have try with a image of N647 but it is not working.
Thank you very much.
Rub29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2017, 09:16 PM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rub29 View Post
Does anybody have and could share a working SD image of N647B? I have try with a image of N647 but it is not working.
Yes, an N647B image is available. But, you should check which device you have before trying any image. The WiFi had three models, N647, N647B and N289. The model number is on the end of the device near the USB port. Check what you have, and I can send the correct image as it is pointless trying the wrong one.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:06 PM   #22
techninja
techninja began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647B
May i have a link to the image as well?
techninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #23
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

And for anyone finding this thread, please post your requests for images for the WiFi in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=230628.

Last edited by davidfor; 01-13-2020 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Correcte link.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:29 PM   #24
jonnymorris
jonnymorris began at the beginning.

I don't suppose there's any chance of that firmware for N647B and a few pointers on how to use it please? I have a Mac but can use Ubuntu if it makes any difference, I can use the terminal in both, I just want to be sure I get the procedure correct before I break something!

I looked at the link in the post here but couldn't see which firmware was for N647B, did I miss it?

Thanks!
jonnymorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:56 PM   #25
jonnymorris
jonnymorris began at the beginning.

It would also be good if someone could describe to me the proper factory reset method, as I'm not sure I'm doing it properly. I found the little hole in the back, I poke it until I feel it press something, then when I let it go I hear a faint 'blip' sound from the Kobo and the screen goes blank and refreshes, then it goes to the white and black blocks animation with 'Kobo Read On' in the middle of the screen (which it does indefinitely, as far as I can tell).

It started doing this after I connected the Kobo to my computer with Kobo Desktop running, and it said it was doing a firmware upgrade (but gave no visual feedback of progress, so I assumed it had finished after about ten minutes of it not telling me anything, other than that it had loaded some books from the Desktop onto the Kobo, and unplugged it).

So here we are. I suspect the Kobo isn't even showing up in my /dev listing in a terminal on my Mac, as I can't see any new devices appear and it doesn't appear in Disk Utility at all either.
jonnymorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:04 PM   #26
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnymorris View Post
I don't suppose there's any chance of that firmware for N647B and a few pointers on how to use it please? I have a Mac but can use Ubuntu if it makes any difference, I can use the terminal in both, I just want to be sure I get the procedure correct before I break something!

I looked at the link in the post here but couldn't see which firmware was for N647B, did I miss it?
I'm not surprised. The link in that post was completely wrong. I have no idea how I did it at the time. I've fixed the link and sent you a PM with the link to the image.

Memory Upgrade Mod Guide has some instructions for using it. They are for the Glo under Windows, but will give a general idea. And I'm sure there are more specific Mac and Linux instructions reasonably early in the thread.

Instructions for factory resetting the WiFi are in the forum somewhere. Unfortunately, I can never find them and don't have one so have never needed to learn the steps. They are no longer on the Kobo help site. If someone does remember them, or can point out a post with them, we can add them to the WiKi so they don't get lost.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:33 PM   #27
melaN647
melaN647 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar999 View Post
Hello all. I have a kobo n647b that is stuck in the loading page. It will not go any further and will not connect to any pc. I believe the file system may be corrupted as it was unplugged from a pc during an update. I have tried resetting it with all the methods possible and nothing changes. Would anyone be kind enough to send me a factory standard image? It would be greatly appreciated.
do you still have these images
please
melaN647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 02:53 PM   #28
dazzlermc
Kobo rebuilder
dazzlermc began at the beginning.

I have a bricked N647B.
Does any one still have an image for these please?
dazzlermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:26 PM   #29
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:06 AM   #30
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Why is this in the main forum? Shouldn't it be in the developer's corner?
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
image, kobo, n647b, recovery, wireless