Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
janjanjan
Enthusiast
janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook ST Glow
If I deactivate my Nook...

What happens to my B&N nookbooks that I've already downloaded on the device? Or, if I give my Nook to my son, if he has his own account, does the B&N material already on the Nook disappear? I'm sure this is the question of a total novice, but I really don't understand how the DRM works. Thanks in advance.
janjanjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by janjanjan View Post
What happens to my B&N nookbooks that I've already downloaded on the device? Or, if I give my Nook to my son, if he has his own account, does the B&N material already on the Nook disappear? I'm sure this is the question of a total novice, but I really don't understand how the DRM works. Thanks in advance.
If you do a factory reset all data on the Nook will be cleared. Be sure to remove any sd cards you have installed before doing the reset.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
If you do a factory reset all data on the Nook will be cleared. Be sure to remove any sd cards you have installed before doing the reset.

bernie
The internal memory is wiped clean (so all downloaded books are gone), but the SD card is left untouched.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
pwnn
Enthusiast
pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook Touch
B&N DRM is based on your name and CC# on your B&N account. It's tied to the file, not the device or any outside software like Adobe.

You can re-download all your B&N books via the Nook for PC app and transfer or copy them over to your son's Nook (new or newly activated under his name and account). Then open any just transferred e-book. The Nook will ask for the name and CC# on the account you bought the books in if it differs from the one your Nook is registered to. Enter that (no middle initial for your name) and the Nook will store the info for all the other books. This way you can share books between different accounts without removing DRM.

This a rather long and detailed step by step but it's a pretty simply process
http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...s/td-p/1126396
pwnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #5
janjanjan
Enthusiast
janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook ST Glow
Thank you all. This is what I was trying to understand.
janjanjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert