Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Mysterious price increase on Amazon UK

One of my ebook titles has increased in price from £1.99 to £2.41. I have it set at £1.93, the same as all my other titles. Those are all still £1.99, except for one which is £2.06 (which makes even less sense).

At first I thought they were charging UK VAT instead of tax-dodging Luxemborg VAT, but that would make the price £2.66.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
In the old days, it would have been blamed on incompetent careless clerks. In this modern age, "The computer did it!"
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Just checked my on UK, and they have not changed in price so dunno what that means.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
sarahdalton
Enthusiast
sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle D00901
Are you based in the UK?

I know Amazon show the price based on what it is in your country and convert it based on the exchange rate. This scared me at first because I set my book to £3.99 and $3.99 but it was showing as a higher price when I viewed the US website. But when I asked someone in the US to view it, it showed the price as $3.99.

I'm having the opposite problem. I had a sale on my book for a few weeks and put it down to 99c. Now I've changed the price to 2.99 but it's still showing as 99c.
sarahdalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
sarahdalton
Enthusiast
sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ha! Just saw your 'Yorkshire tha noz' Location so ignore my post! Also - hi from Yorkshire!
Advert
Old 03-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Most of my stories are set in Shefferham

I still don't know what caused the odd price, but I've fixed it by going in and resubmitting it for review with the same £1.93 price.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
sarahdalton
Enthusiast

Mine are set in a dystopic Northern England

Do you write football themed stuff? Only my inlaws are pretty interested in stories about Blades/Owls hooliganism etc.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass

Not reallly, it's more general hooliganism. I'm working on a zombie-type one at the moment with some Shefferham United hoolies, but it picks up after the football (in a place called Meadowside).
Old 03-24-2013, 04:24 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahdalton View Post
Are you based in the UK?

I know Amazon show the price based on what it is in your country and convert it based on the exchange rate. This scared me at first because I set my book to £3.99 and $3.99 but it was showing as a higher price when I viewed the US website. But when I asked someone in the US to view it, it showed the price as $3.99.
Why are you charging British readers 60% more than American readers?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote