Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
aramis
aramis began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Calibre cannot see my KOBO LIBRARY?

I have just bought a book on KOBO and it is now in my KOBO Library
and I asked Calibre to look for it and download it to Calibre via ADD BOOKS.
but that does not happen. What am I doing wrong?
aramis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Similar to the answer I provided in your thread here, I wonder if Calibre only reads the ADE versions of the files. I usually download the ADE files separately to keep as a backup, and those are the books I add to my Calibre library.

If I'm mistaken, please feel free to correct me.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Correct, to get the book into Calibre, you need the Epub (and not Kobo's Kepub) version. As Suzanna says, you can download the Epub version with DRM "lock" from the Kobobooks.com site, on the book's page.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As the others have said, calibre doesn't handle the kepub book format. I made a modification to the driver in calibre 0.9.2 (I think) to give an error when attempting to do an "Add books to library" for a kepub from the device list.

Is this what you were trying to do, or something else? In any case, a kepub can't be added to the calibre library. If you need to add the books, get the epub version as suggested above and in the other thread.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote