Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 12:42 AM   #16
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Great! Works perfect with Touch 2.1.5
Thank you, especially for the chapter marks

Last edited by Koboyashi; 10-24-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:14 AM   #17
traycold
Connoisseur
traycold doesn't littertraycold doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo Hd, Kobo H2O2
hi,
i've seen you already have a github repo for the plugin project: may I ask you if you would share source code of latest version of your plugin, pushing it on github? I would like to have a look at the code, just for curiosity and "didattic" purposes (I would like to setup a build environment for kobo, and "play" a bit with plugins).
Thanks in any case for your work.
traycold is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #18
Erkhyan
Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks, I just installed this and enjoy the tweaks so far. My only gripe is that I’m apparently back to needing to touch the screen twice to display the clock in reading mode…
Erkhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #19
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thanks, I've installed it but I don't have the progress bar (config.ini is the original one and I've gone into a book).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #20
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by traycold View Post
hi,
i've seen you already have a github repo for the plugin project: may I ask you if you would share source code of latest version of your plugin, pushing it on github? I would like to have a look at the code, just for curiosity and "didattic" purposes (I would like to setup a build environment for kobo, and "play" a bit with plugins).
Thanks in any case for your work.
I'll try to push my changes to the repository at the weekend.
I'll let you know when it is done.
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #21
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkhyan View Post
Thanks, I just installed this and enjoy the tweaks so far. My only gripe is that I’m apparently back to needing to touch the screen twice to display the clock in reading mode…
The next version features the clock display in the reading footer (between 'HOME' and the Dictionary Icon)
Old 10-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #22
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

New version of the plugin available: (works with 2.1.4 and 2.1.5 firmware)

Features added:

- Clock display in Reading Footer
Code:
[Reader]
showClock=true
see OP.

Last edited by ikarus9999; 10-28-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #23
Briareos
Briareos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I really love the progress bar and I like the new clock.
Thank you so much.

Would it be possible to change the word 'Library' on the Homescreen with whatever is favored with an option in the .ini file?

My device is in german. I don't really bother, but it would make my homescreen a little bit more consistent.

Would it be possible, to replace the wishlist area with something like shortcuts for standby, sudoku, browser, etc. ?
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #24
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo touch
Can we have the 2 plugins at the same time?
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #25
thp1017
Connoisseur
thp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo, KT, KGlo, H2O, Libra
hmmm, neither version is working for me now I got telnet set up and connected, and I see the file in /usr/local/Kobo (and when trying libpoc.so, just went ahead and deleted libtest.so).

Are you doing any logging to a file somewhere that I can go look at, to see if I can figure out what is going on?
thp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #26
azbdsf
Aka Redfish
azbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo touch
Thanks !

The progress bar and the clock work fine.
But for the Whishlist and Discover, don't work...

Last edited by azbdsf; 10-25-2012 at 12:01 AM.
azbdsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:25 AM   #27
Erkhyan
Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Just one question: is there a way to choose between 12h and 24h clocks?
Erkhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:19 AM   #28
traycold
Connoisseur
traycold doesn't littertraycold doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo Hd, Kobo H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus9999 View Post
I'll try to push my changes to the repository at the weekend.
I'll let you know when it is done.
thank you very much
traycold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:24 AM   #29
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkhyan View Post
Just one question: is there a way to choose between 12h and 24h clocks?
Not yet. I'll try to add this with the next release.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:29 AM   #30
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by thp1017 View Post
hmmm, neither version is working for me now I got telnet set up and connected, and I see the file in /usr/local/Kobo (and when trying libpoc.so, just went ahead and deleted libtest.so).

Are you doing any logging to a file somewhere that I can go look at, to see if I can figure out what is going on?
How does your koboplugins.ini look?
Is the option 'compatFirmware' still 0.0.0? The firmware version check doesn't work yet.

There is some logging in the plugin which is written to stdout.
You'll have to change /etc/init.d/rcS to pipe the output of nickel into a file.

Replace the following line:

Code:
/usr/local/Kobo/nickel -qws &
with

Code:
/usr/local/Kobo/nickel -qws > /mnt/onboard/nickel.log &

Tags
kobo, plugin