Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
Pistos
Connoisseur
Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hello from an ereader newbie

Hi, there! I've never tried an ereader before, but I think I'm ready to take the plunge! I've more or less selected the Kobo Touch for my first ereader, on account of the "bang for buck" factor. Being in Canada, I also like that I can support a Canadian company. I'm sure there is more for me to explore in the world of ebooks and ereaders, but for now, I anticipate that I would be reading both purchased ebooks and free material (both ePub and PDF) that I would find around the Internet. Linux compatibility is a plus, but not required, as I am willing to boot into Windows once in a while to interface with the KT when needed. If anyone thinks a different ereader would be better suited for my needs, I'd be interested to hear suggestions!

I would also like to buy a good, protective case of sorts for my new ereader. It seems to me that cloth or leather cases/covers might not offer enough protection, and that something much more sturdy would be better. Any opinions on that? I've read about BookArmor covers from this site, and there's one for the KT, but I'm unsure if I can find one in a Canadian store, or get free shipping. Anything else which is also a hard case? Or do others find that the leather cases are sufficient protection for placing in a bag or purse with other items which could pressure or puncture the screen?
Pistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
Pistos
Connoisseur
Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Found this Body Glove hard case on Amazon, with free shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Body-Glove-Rea...dp/B003UYU42C/
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Pistos and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit
Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hello Pistos, and welcome - I've been here all of three days, I think, and it is an invaluable source of information and support. My Touch is winging its way from USA to Australia, so I have yet to get my hands on it for a play. And I'm full of questions.

I've seen the armor advertised, and wondered if this, and other screen protectors, will put a shine on the matt screen, and if so, does it really matter.

Would armor give the same protection as a leather case?

How do the gelaskins stick to the quilted back of the unit?

i look forward to seeing you online again.
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Pistos. There's an 'accessories' sub forum here that may be of interest to you. Happy Koboing and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #6
Pistos
Connoisseur

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I'm going to get my Kobo Touch today, and I'm pretty excited!

neilmarr: I couldn't find that accessories subforum you were referring to. Could you furnish a link?