Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
dioniso.zagreo
dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
[Q] Nook Simple Touch - Bricked!?

I decided to try to root my new Nook Simple Touch.
Not very cleverly, I use a guide from the site lifehacker. Since that moment, my ereader has been blocked on the initial page : "read forever your nook is starting up" for about an half hour.

Panic-strucken, I went all around the web looking desperately for a solution.
Finally I tried a guide that can brought me to factory data.
It worked and brought me the initial configuration. I logged in and... "Sorry we're having trouble setting up your nook. please shutdown the device and try again"

I don't know what to do.
Now I am paralized and desperate.
I'm so sorry, but I was not able to find anything on this site. Please, help me
dioniso.zagreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
It looks like your device is still registered with the BN servers. You have to register the device using the same account your had previously registered it with.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
dioniso.zagreo
dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dioniso.zagreo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

So. I have to use the email address It was used the first time it was opened?
I have bought it from a friend.. I have to ask him for user and password?
Old 12-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
I too had the same problem using TouchNooter to root my NST running BN's OS v1.1.2. I was able recover using this TouchFormatter tool, but YMMV.

If you succeed, before attempting to root again, I would suggest that you update your NST to v1.1.2 (not v1.2) and then back up your NST using this procedure.

In case you want to make another run at rooting, IMHO the best rooting tool for v1.1.2 (again not v1.2) is MinimalTouch, its two-step process is a bit tedious but worked for me and many others.

Also you should take a look at this thread for some more info on rooting the NST family.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
dioniso.zagreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by livramax View Post
I too had the same problem using TouchNooter to root my NST running BN's OS v1.1.2. I was able recover using this TouchFormatter tool, but YMMV.

If you succeed, before attempting to root again, I would suggest that you update your NST to v1.1.2 (not v1.2) and then back up your NST using this procedure.

In case you want to make another run at rooting, IMHO the best rooting tool for v1.1.2 (again not v1.2) is MinimalTouch, its two-step process is a bit tedious but worked for me and many others.

Also you should take a look at this thread for some more info on rooting the NST family.

Does it resolve the problem I have with log in, or maybe I should root my device to pass over it?
Advert
Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
dioniso.zagreo

Edit:
After another reboot it says:

Restart required :
Your Nook encountered a problem that requires a system restart .
I restart system again and again but not solved problem;
Old 12-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Rooting will not solve the registration issue if it's due to login/password conflict (as afv011 suggested above); indeed it's frequently recommended to first register a new Nook before rooting it.

I would suggest you first try (or have your friend) sign in with the previously used login and password, then de-register the Nook, and then sign up with your own login and password.

Last edited by livramax; 12-17-2012 at 01:30 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
dioniso.zagreo

Now I can't.

"Restart required :
Your Nook encountered a problem that requires a system restart"

Old 12-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #9
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try to do a factory reset and start clean. You need to register with the same username/password that it was registered to prior to your root attempt - the device is still registered with BN servers and will only allow the same username/password as it was previously registered with.

Factory reset instructions
Old 12-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
dioniso.zagreo

I was able to restore factory data. Then I used a guide I found in internet to bypass registration.
Now it works. Well, I cannot directly buy books from BN, but frankly, WHO CARES?
Old 12-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioniso.zagreo View Post
I was able to restore factory data. Then I used a guide I found in internet to bypass registration.
Now it works. Well, I cannot directly buy books from BN, but frankly, WHO CARES?
You should care. Your battery life will be shot - you won't get a week out of it.