Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Kindle free ebooks

Got these from Inkmesh.com, don't think they've been posted, though I know Darkfever has been offered before:

Peak Energy by Locke, Afton
Subjects: Erotica, Fiction
Description: Astrophysicist Dr. Jay Walters needs to find enough energy to launch and control a spaceship for Planet Chromefield-s new space program. When sexy Lorna, the object of his fantasies, seduces him one day at lunch, he discovers what may be the greatest source of sexual energy between her shapely legs. His hunch is proven correct when he tests her energy during a private experiment. But when he instructs her to get as horny as she possibly can, she needs a little help from the doctor. (from Amazon.com)

[Note: this is only $0.99 normally, has no book cover, no reviews.]

Swashbuckling Fantasy: 10 Thrilling Tales of Magical Adventure by BuckleyArcher, Linda, Ursu, Anne, Westerfeld, Scott, MacHale, D.J., Skye, Obert, Haddix, Margaret Peterson, Black, Holly, Snow, Alan, Johnson, Jane and Meyer, Kai
(3 stars of 19 reviews at Amazon.com)
Subjects: Children's Books, Children's Fiction, Fiction
Description: SWASHBUCKLING FANTASY features excerpts from 10 series by bestselling and critically acclaimed authors such as Margaret Petersen Haddix, author of the Shadow Children series, D.J. MacHale, author of the Pendragon series, Scott Westerfeld, author of Uglies and Holly Black, author of Valiant. This online sampler also highlights six debut series from rising stars in fantasy, including Kai Meyer, Jane Johnson and Obert Skye. This fantasy sampler is the perfect way to introduce middle grade through teen readers to alternate worlds, distant pasts and fantastic creatures! Don't miss out on any of our amazing fantasy titles! Please visit www.SimonSaysKids.com or www.SimonSaysTEEN.com for more information. (from Amazon.com)

The Heir by Robertson, Paul
(4.5 stars of 19 reviews at Amazon.com)
Subjects: Mystery & Thrillers, Political, Fiction, Spy Stories & Tales Of Intrigue, Suspense
Description: It's a familiar plot: the death of a filthy rich relative-who of course altered his will just hours before his sudden demise-results in instant wealth for an heir no one expected. In this debut novel from Robertson, a computer programming consultant, young mogul Jason Boyer discovers that his newly minted fortune is tainted by his deceased robber-baron father's legacy of corruption, scandal and power brokering in New England. Will Jason find the moral courage to clean his corporate house and do something meaningful with his millions? And was his father's fatal car crash really an accident? Pacing is a problem throughout much of this story, which doesn't hit its stride and become a bona fide suspense novel until the final 50 pages. Most of the characters are routine stock figures-the upwardly mobile wife; the corpulent and scheming attorney-with only Jason's innocent younger brother Eric breaking the mold. Robertson offers some strong observations on greed and human nature, and adopts a refreshingly soft approach to religious faith. The humor, which could work well in another context, feels adolescent in such a dark tale. Despite promising themes and a decent plot, this God-and-mammon novel would benefit from stringent editing and stronger supporting characters. Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. *Starred Review* Robertson's first novel is a Gresham-like tale of intrigue and murder about the son, Jason Boyer, of a New England financial titan and kingmaker. Jason barely knew his father, a tough, remote man who sent Jason and his brother to boarding schools, but Jason becomes sole heir upon the old man's sudden death. Jason is cynical but uncorrupted, and his first impulse is to divest himself of the old man's holdings. Then the power that his inheritance commands seduces him, and he grows as ruthless as his father. And then, once more and finally, he sees the light and proceeds to clean up all that his father and he have befouled. Or, at any rate, he tries, in this suspenseful first novel with a lot of humor and well-drawn minor characters. John Mort Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved (from Amazon.com)

Darkfever: The Fever Series by Moning, Karen Marie
(4 stars of 293 reviews at Amazon.com)
Subjects: Occult, Contemporary Fiction, Horror, Fiction, Romance
Description: Drawing on elements from the paranormal world that bestseller Moning ( Spell of the Highlander ) created in her earlier romances, this suspense novel takes readers on a darker journey, one dominated by the search for a powerful Faery magic and bereft of the romantic magic Moning's fans have come to expect. When MacKayla Lane, an ordinary young woman, travels to Ireland to track down her sister's murderer, she is sucked into an extraordinary world filled with ancient secrets, vampires, assorted Fae nasties and other tough-to-kill beings. In the process, Mac learns of her own unusual talents and finds an unlikely mentor in the wealthy and mysterious Jericho Barrons. Moning's newest foray contains suspense and plenty of setup. Indeed, this reads like a fragment of a larger story, an introduction to character and place that, while entertaining, skims the surface. But it's a compelling world filled with mystery and vivid characters, and this, combined with the hint of sparks between Jericho and Mac, will stoke readers' fervor for Bloodfever , the next installment. (Nov.) Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. MacKayla "Mac" Lane is a small-town southern girl living a life of suntans and shopping. All that changes when her sister dies in Ireland and a cryptic message on Mac's cell phone raises disturbing questions about the nature of her sister's death. Mac follows the lead to Dublin and the strange life her sister led, on to the darkly dangerous book-dealer Jericho Barrons, and a burgeoning war with deadly Fae that humankind doesn't even realize has begun. Time-travel-romance maven Moning reshapes her Celtic lore for a radically different and engaging new dark fantasy series. Mac's first-person narrative is more than point of view; it's a true recounting of how a sheltered young girl grows to accept the role fate has dealt her. And while moments of sexual awareness hint that a relationship between Mac and Jericho could complicate matters in the future, wisely there is no full-blown romance here to distract from the complex introduction to Moning's new world. Nina Davis Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved (from Amazon.com)

Old 07-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Information only and a WARNING:

Swashbuckling Fantasy consists ONLY OF EXCERPTS.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
And all are reposts. From a quick search on just the book titles:

Peak Energy - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88327
Swashbuckling Fantasy - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81974
Darkfever - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89022
The Heir - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88652

All are on the Kindle forum thread, as well (which is in the process of being revamped).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
And all are reposts.
Oops, apologies, I was trusting Inkmesh, which showed them as new.

[And I have a typing excuse for not searching: Rotator cuff surgery yesterday--one-finger typing + pain = no search!]

Last edited by jj2me; 07-08-2010 at 07:37 PM.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Not a problem. But I've found that inkmesh is pretty screwed up lately. Their B&N freebies are mostly smashwords books (but they don't report them as free there on their tweets). Their twitter account was down for about a week this month and since they got it working again, they have reported many books as new freebies that have been free for months (and which they have reported as such, not just ones they missed while not tweeting). Addall books is worse, since they are reporting books as free that are not free at all, so I don't even check there anymore.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:10 AM   #6
InkmeshTeam
Building InkMesh
InkmeshTeam began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for the feedback guys, we appreciate it. We have heard about the smashwords books polluting the B&N free book database from multiple sources, and we are actively working on separating out the sources to get a clean free book database for B&N.

Re: twitter account being down, it was not quite down, but unfortunately for us both Amazon and Sony changed their page layout which broke down our parsing. As you notice, things are back to being normal now with respect to free ebook updates.

Once again, we do appreciate the feedback, so do keep it coming.

The Inkmesh Team
InkmeshTeam is offline   Reply With Quote