Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Tey, Josephine: The Singing Sands, v.1, 4 April 2009

Josephine Tey [Elizabeth MacKintosh] (1896–1952)
The Singing Sands (1952)

Inspector Grant of Scotland Yard has a bad case of mental strain, and goes to Scotland, planning a recuperative fishing holiday. But a man is found dead on the overnight sleeper train. And there is a scrap of paper with an enigmatic verse about singing sands…

Sand is a leitmotiv in this detective novel. Most of Josephine Tey’s other novels have already been uploaded. The source was PG Canada.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc The Singing Sands.prc (311.5 KB, 930 views)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:52 AM   #2
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Hi Patricia, I'd love to read this book, but I'm unable to download it. I've had no problems downloading other books from here.

I can see other people have viewed it, so has anyone else successfully downloaded this book?
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I've just downloaded it and opened it without problem, if that's any help.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
Hi Patricia, I'd love to read this book, but I'm unable to download it. I've had no problems downloading other books from here.

I can see other people have viewed it, so has anyone else successfully downloaded this book?
I'm puzzled, cbell. I haven't the faintest idea why you've had a problem. In cases of mysterious problems I turn my computer off and then on again. It's surprising how often this helps.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #5
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Thanks Alex.

Patricia, I have it now, thanks. Strange that I couldn't download it yesterday - you're right, I guess the reboot fixed whatever the problem was.

I'm looking forward to reading it very much!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #6
ladyjay78
ladyjay78 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks for this

Patricia,

Josephine Tey is one of my favorite authors. Thanks so much for uploading this. It's next on the list!
ladyjay78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
detective, murder, sand, scotland