Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #1
Hobbledchit
Old Gold
Hobbledchit doesn't litterHobbledchit doesn't litter

Device: none
Hello All

I am an older gentleman living, with my wife, in Texas. Been here a while but used to live on the Oregon coast and for a while in the Grain Belt. Have enjoyed books all of my life. My first big free book find was in an old house my parents bought in SW Iowa. The attic was full of 1890s to 1930s text books on ancient history and Roman mythology. I was 8 or 9 years old and spent hours up there being carried back many centuries with those books.
I read all kinds of books now and am amazed at all of the free titles available to me now just for downloading.
Hobbledchit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Dear Hobbledchit, I also like stories published in the 1880s. The drawings are just beautiful. I also like Texas. I had a wonderful time living in Texas for a while. Anyway, welcome to this forum. I hope you'll enjoy it.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Hobbledchit and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Welcome, Hobbledchit! A similar treasure trove inherited from my Dad's stepfather enriched my youth. Among dozens of books from the 1800's was a bound collection of all the Harper's Weekly newspapers from 1876. How I loved reading those papers: Custer's defeat at Little Bighorn was on a middle page, advertisements for hernia trusses were on the front pages, and people were astonished that Samuel Tilden so handily won the presidential election, yet was later declared loser after 20 disputed electoral votes were given to Rutherford Hayes.

Nothing since has matched the joy of those yellowing pages.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote