Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
No Longer Dressed in Black - Kenny A. Chaffin

My first poetry collection - No Longer Dressed in Black - is now available as a kindle ebook:

U.S. - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007SQ9JYC
U.K. - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007SQ9JYC

It includes a selection of poems written over the last two decades (1990-2010) that were published in a variety of small magazines and journals with additional new and selected poems.

Last edited by kennyc; 07-31-2014 at 06:13 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Well... Since I can get it for free with my Prime account *and* you get paid, I just picked up a copy. Not much of a poetry guy, but I'll give a try.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Well... Since I can get it for free with my Prime account *and* you get paid, I just picked up a copy. Not much of a poetry guy, but I'll give a try.
thanks Jerry we might turn you on to poetry despite yourself.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:01 AM   #4
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've put it on my wish list.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 AM   #5
kennyc

Thanks Caleb.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Oh, Kenny, it's wonderful! Just bought it and read it straight through. And you wrote about me. Well, about us. . (And I guess everybody is going to have to get it now so they can read Blood-red Moon.)

Other faves: Lights Out and No Longer Dressed in Black.

I really like it.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
kennyc

Thank you very much Betty! I'm so glad you liked it! And yes there was one I wrote with MR in mind.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #8
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
I told you I wasn't much of poetry sort of guy and I haven't read it straight through, but I've enjoyed the few I've read so far, especially Brown Dirt Boy and Old Barn. I'll keep plugging away at them.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #9
kennyc

thx Jerry...yer a good man!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #10
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
I'm not sure when I'll get to read it but I got a copy. Onto the dangerously teetering TBR pile...

GL Kenny!
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:53 AM   #11
kennyc

Thank you Tim! Enjoy!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #12
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Oh, Kenny, it's wonderful! Just bought it and read it straight through. And you wrote about me. Well, about us. . (And I guess everybody is going to have to get it now so they can read Blood-red Moon.)

Other faves: Lights Out and No Longer Dressed in Black.

I really like it.
Just one more follow up, I find it encouraging that you chose Lishts Out as one of your favorites. That poem has vexed me for years and years, I probably wrote it the first time 15 years ago and kept editing and changing and could never seem to get it right. I put it away for a long long time until one day last year I completely re-wrote it with the same basic idea and few of the same words, but really completely differently and found I was finally, if not completely satisfied then at least happy with it as it stands.

I tend to look at poems as some other poets do in that they are never really finished and are always up for revision should they be published again at some point in the future.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #13
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Just one more follow up, I find it encouraging that you chose Lishts Out as one of your favorites. That poem has vexed me for years and years, I probably wrote it the first time 15 years ago and kept editing and changing and could never seem to get it right. I put it away for a long long time until one day last year I completely re-wrote it with the same basic idea and few of the same words, but really completely differently and found I was finally, if not completely satisfied then at least happy with it as it stands.

I tend to look at poems as some other poets do in that they are never really finished and are always up for revision should they be published again at some point in the future.
I actually pulled out your book at brunch this morning to share a couple of poems. I was with my nephew at one of those trendy little intown brunch places where the staff members (and most of the customers) dress as if they are going to hang out at the beach, or maybe go fishing, as soon as they get off work. The thing is, they all look the same. Of course, I was about 30 years older than most of them. It made me think of No Longer Dressed in Black, so I made B. read it.

(He wondered, btw, if you had ever tried joining up with anybody and turning some of your stuff into lyrics. He seemed to think they would work well that way. Just thought you might be interested in a young person's viewpoint.)
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #14
kennyc

Cool. I have tried a bit of songwriting...but no hits yet.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #15
kennyc

I'd like to thank Betty for the nice review on Amazon. I've also gotten a bit of interest on the Goodreads site as well with a nice review there. As well as a few other off-line comments. I'm finding it interesting (but not unexpected as I've seen it in workshops and forums) how different poems connect with different people. It is always heartening to an author to know you've been able to connect with a reader.