Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Will the T1 fit old covers for the 600, 505 etc

Has anyone tried to see if the T-1 will fit 3rd party covers like M-Edge Tuf-Luv etc. designed for the PRS 600 or 505? I know that the T-1 will not fit the Sony made covers, but I thought that some of the others might work well with it.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Tuff luv are quoting around five weeks before they will be releasing a cover for the T1.

As I find the 'A' frame reading convenient I'll be waiting to see what they bring out before committing. Looks like I may have to take care until then.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Gecko have already released a cover for the T1 as well.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Oberon says they'll be making covers for the Kindle line-up, including Touch. Given the dimensions between the Kindle Touch and T-1 are similar, I'm hoping that maybe a Kindle Touch Oberon cover will also fit a T-1.

Dimensions Sony PRS-T1:
6.875 x 4.375 x .375 inches (H/W/D)

Dimensions Kindle Touch:
6.8" x 4.7" x 0.40"

Fingers crossed.
graycyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Oberon says they'll be making covers for the Kindle line-up, including Touch. Given the dimensions between the Kindle Touch and T-1 are similar, I'm hoping that maybe a Kindle Touch Oberon cover will also fit a T-1.

Dimensions Sony PRS-T1:
6.875 x 4.375 x .375 inches (H/W/D)

Dimensions Kindle Touch:
6.8" x 4.7" x 0.40"

Fingers crossed.
I think it'll fit fine - the extra .325" of width space won't have the T1 shaking around loose! That might even leave enough room to clip the stylus on the inside?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I've been hoping the Oberon Kindle covers are an option too!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:37 AM   #7
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I think it'll fit fine - the extra .325" of width space won't have the T1 shaking around loose! That might even leave enough room to clip the stylus on the inside?
Yes, this is what I'm thinking, because, even though the T1 is taller, my 950 actually fit pretty well in a Nook Classic WiFi Oberon cover and the 950 is taller than the Nook. There's definitely some play in the Oberon covers, and I really think the dimensions are close enough for a fit.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #8
Firedb
Enthusiast
Firedb began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note 8 rooted
i hope a cover/case is released that also covers the bezel?, and not just the four corners
Firedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #9
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedb View Post
i hope a cover/case is released that also covers the bezel?, and not just the four corners
Thats why I'll be holding out for the Tuff-Luv, they normally cover the bezel. If not then I'll probably go down the 'Decal Girl' skin route.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #10
graycyn
Wizard

Further thoughts on a possible Oberon Kindle Touch cover fit.

I was putting hubby's T-1 in the new Sony lighted cover that arrived this morning. Looking at it made me realize that the Oberon corner strap system might not work on a T-1 because of the button placement and how narrow the bezel is, i.e. corner straps could easily cross over a button. I'm not saying one *couldn't* make corner straps that would work for the T-1, but I'm not at all sure that corner straps made to hold a Kindle Touch *will* work for a T-1. When Oberon has photos of the new covers, I'd suggest careful study of the corner strap placement before ordering one, since they aren't returnable.

I would definitely say that if one orders a black T-1 and hates fingerprints, get a case that covers the bezel. Or a skin, one or the other. The black T-1 really looks rather awful with fingerprints all over the bezel, they show up really badly.

I know I wouldn't be able to stand the constant fingerprint look myself. I'm leaning more and more to a white T-1.

The Sony lighted cover seems nice enough, it weighs about as much as the reader though! 10 3/8 ounces or 294g for cover and reader with battery installed.