Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #16
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Well, perhaps only leaps. The new screen is much more rugged and thinner. It will flex a bit without breaking. On a screen this size I am very concerned about the screen breaking. There is a crying need for stronger screens for portable devices and I am encouraged by Apple's work on this. I haven't seen both screens side by side but I have heard the new screen is less reflective with a mat surface.

Dale
I'm writing this on an iPad 2 and is one certainly is as bright and shiny and reflective as the previous one
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #17
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
This post is for all those who (like myself) could have used a thorough instruction book, but because the iPad didn't come with one we have to discover things on our own.
All iPad experts can go get a cup of coffee and ignore this post.
Whew!!!

Let's talk about the contact/address book.
Since most of my address experience has been with WinCe devices and very cheap Android tablets, I am accustomed to not receiving easy address book sync. I was extremely pleased when syncing my iPad to various computers that on it's own it pulled in contacts dating back almost two decades. (Many of these I had forgotten were even on some of the computers).

The iPad gets an A+ for being the easiest device I've ever owned for organizing my contacts. (Okay, honestly, I had to go in and remove quite a few duplicates.)

But here's the most amazing part...
I accidentally tapped on an address and the dang thing instantly opened-up aerial view Google Maps full-screen showing the exact address with a pin in place!! I could zoom in so close that it was almost possible to see my brother working in his back yard. LOL

Why didn't anyone tell me about this?
I've never owned a device that mapped an address so easily and quickly. (Zero percent effort and amazing speed.)
For my mapping/address needs, my laptop will be gathering some dust.

Last edited by pphilipp; 05-04-2011 at 03:07 PM.
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, apps, ipad, iphone, ipod