Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur
avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KDXG
Graphite Pictures & Video

Kindle DX 2 Review Video (and pictures) on iReader Review.

Looks reassuring.

Still, would love a comparision of the screen with that of the PRS-505.

Last edited by avinatbezeq; 07-07-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Provide Credit
avinatbezeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
I think the tell is when the light plays on each. The KDXG background really seems to whiten up more than the other two. I am impressed.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
Thanks. Video comparison is very good. Definitely Graphite DX is far better in contrast and raised the bar higher for others planning to get into the big screen ereader market.

Last edited by krish; 07-07-2010 at 04:53 PM.
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
paperwastage
Groupie
paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle DX Graphite
i just returned my kindle 2 refurb, and my roommate just got a kindle dx refurb...

seeing how the graphite is, i might just get it
paperwastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #5
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
We received a new K2I this week, and your display is very similar to new K2I's
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
i just returned my kindle 2 refurb, and my roommate just got a kindle dx refurb...

seeing how the graphite is, i might just get it
It really depends on your price point. i noticed that you got a refurb so it sounds like you wanted to save some money a little. You might want to wait til they come out with the Graphite in refurb.
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #7
paperwastage
Groupie
paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerio6414 View Post
It really depends on your price point. i noticed that you got a refurb so it sounds like you wanted to save some money a little. You might want to wait til they come out with the Graphite in refurb.
well, there wasn't much difference between the K2 ($190) and K2 Refurb($140) other than price, so the refurb seems to be the way to go

but since there isn't a graphite refurb yet, and I really want an e-ink reader for this summer and next school year, the graphite new seems fair enough... and I don't think there will be graphite refurbs for another few months
paperwastage is offline   Reply With Quote