Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-31-2010, 07:24 AM   #1
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Kindle enhancements: calibre 0.6.46

Here's a list of Kindle-specific enhancements in 0.6.46:
  • Send to deviceFetch annotations:
    • Archives 'My Clippings.txt' in the calibre database, which can be opened on your computer.
    • Automatically tags a book as read if last read location > 96%
    • See this thread for more info about Fetch Annotations
  • Tagging a book with [PDOC] changes the cdeType to PDOC, causing the book to be listed in Personal Docs rather than Books. You may choose a different tag for this function in Preferences|Conversion|MOBI|Personal Doc tag.
  • All periodicals generated by calibre are now managed by the Kindle such that the previous 7 issues are kept in the Periodicals: Back Issues listing on the Home page. Issues > 7 are deleted automatically. Individual issues may be kept using the Kindle's Keep This Issue command.
G

Last edited by GRiker; 03-31-2010 at 09:04 AM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Sweet!
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
MisBloo
MisBloo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have been using Calibre for awhile and emailing to my kindle. Previously they were going into personal docs but now they are going onto the main kindle home page. I want them in personal docs. Is this something different with the new version? Today is the first day it has happened.
MisBloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@MisBloo: If you email a document through Amazon's Whispernet, I believe they mark the files as a Personal Doc. The new feature should only affect documents tagged with [PDOC], directly downloaded to the Kindle via USB. I can't think of any reason why there would be a difference when emailing a document.

Please try this with a document you emailed to your Kindle:
  • Delete it on the Kindle.
  • Connect the Kindle via USB
  • Add a [PDOC] tag in the Edit metadata screen
  • Send to device

Does that place the document in Personal Docs?

What version of calibre are you using?

G

Last edited by GRiker; 03-31-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
MisBloo

I have version 0.6.46. I tried that and it still goes into Kindle main memory. I thought it was the update because I updated today and it's the first day they have went to main. I have 5 pages in personal docs that I emailed over the last few weeks.
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 07:05 PM   #6
GRiker

@MisBloo: Are these recipes you're downloading via Whispernet?

I think what's happening is that the downloaded document is now marked as a subscription. Please try switching to 'Subscriptions' in the Kindle Home screen. Is the file you downloaded today listed there?

G
Old 03-31-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
MisBloo

No, I don't cook lol. They are books.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:09 PM   #8
MisBloo

Oh, and they aren't in subscriptions. They are in "Books"
Old 03-31-2010, 07:27 PM   #9
GRiker

OK, back to square one. Please confirm:
  • The files that you're downloading via Whispernet are books, not periodicals created by Calibre's recipe system.
  • The file is something you've imported to calibre, and perhaps converted, and has a .mobi extension.
  • Prior to 0.6.46, these books ended up in the 'Personal Docs' section when you sent them via Whispernet.
  • With 0.6.46, sending the book via Whispernet places the book in the general book section.
  • If you connect your USB cable, delete the current copy on the Kindle, tag the book with [PDOC], and send that to the Kindle, the newly downloaded copy still ends up in Books, not Personal Docs.

Are those statements all true?

G
Old 03-31-2010, 07:30 PM   #10
MisBloo

Yes, all true.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:36 PM   #11
MisBloo

Ok wait, got it. I was tagging it (PDOC) instead of [PDOC]
sorry, my fault! Will put my glasses on first next time.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:37 PM   #12
GRiker

Good, glad you resolved it.

G
Old 04-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #13
FoolforBooks
FoolforBooks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
G-on the automatic tagging as read function --is it furthest page read or last page read? If it is furthest page read, can I override the automatic tagging? This wouldn't be a crisis to have books marked as read when I haven't, but it will be annoying. I have a lot of large mobilereference collections and I read them out of order.
FoolforBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #14
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolforBooks View Post
G-on the automatic tagging as read function --is it furthest page read or last page read? If it is furthest page read, can I override the automatic tagging? This wouldn't be a crisis to have books marked as read when I haven't, but it will be annoying. I have a lot of large mobilereference collections and I read them out of order.
It's last location read - in other words, the last page showing when you left the book.

I'm ambivalent about this feature - if I get enough positive feedback, I'll add a user option in the MOBI preferences to set the threshold. If no one cares, I'll probably take it out.

G
Old 04-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #15
FoolforBooks
FoolforBooks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I just tested it out and answered my own question --at least it didn't mark anything read that I didn't want marked.

But what happened to the arrows for partially read? I thought that was a good idea, but it seems to have disappeared in 0.6.46?.
FoolforBooks is offline   Reply With Quote