Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2006, 03:34 PM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
$50 CONNECT credit for early customers - expires?

There is this special offer for early customers to get a $50 credits towards purchases of e-books through CONNECT ... and I remember reading somewhere that this offer expires sometime this year (when exactly?).

Would be a shame of course if the delayed Readers don't ship before the offer expires ;(
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Read the conditions here.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2006, 09:52 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hmm, have to claim it by 12/31/06, and have to use it by 01/31/06. Not as attractive a deal as I first imagined.

Perhaps they'll extend it if they have a lot of orders they can't fill for a month or two.... I won't hold my breath on that one.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:11 PM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
That's the right idea, but I think you have a typo on your expire date. Here's the text they have:

TO PARTICIPATE IN THE OFFER YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING AT CONNECTTM EBOOKS (the "Service" or "CONNECT eBooks"), ACCESSIBLE AT http://ebooks.connect.com (the "Site") ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 31, 2006:
(i) register for a CONNECT eBooks end user account; and
(ii) authorize your Sony® Reader.

-----

YOUR CONNECT eBOOKS CREDIT MUST BE SPENT ON OR BEFORE JANUARY 31, 2007; ANY UNUSED CREDIT AMOUNT REMAINING AS OF JANUARY 31, 2007 AT 11:59:59 P.M. PST WILL EXPIRE AT THAT TIME.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:32 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
That's the right idea, but I think you have a typo on your expire date.
Curse my fumble fingers! Thanks, Bob, yes, I meant 01/31/07.
Advert
Old 10-03-2006, 12:54 AM   #6
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Once you register on CONNECT store, Sony will add $50 certificate automatically to your account.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sony_promotion.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1679  
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:55 AM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist

Nice one, Slava, thanks!
Old 10-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #8
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
I just got mine set up. The promotional coupon ends 2/1/07 according to the details in the "cart". As an FYI, there is no need for a CC or an address when authorizing the Reader so overseas users should be able to utilize the $50.00.

I would guess that in the future, the best way for OvS users to buy BBeB books would be to get someone from the US to send them a gift certificate. I.e., OvS user paypals US user $$ and then US user sends the GC.

Off to purchase my first book.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:30 PM   #9
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
If you register how long before you get the $50,- credit? I registred but didn't get any credit.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:41 PM   #10
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I believe it should be there right away. I think it was for me, if I remember right. I think I didn't see it until I put a book in my cart and went to the checkout screen, where it showed my credit.

Some others have posted about some things they had to do to get the credit, so maybe that will help you troubleshoot if it didn't work for you.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist

Take a look at the Transaction History on your "account" page, it should show up there first of all. And I think I remember getting an e-mail about it too....
Old 11-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #12
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Nope it's not in 'Transaction History" and I even tried putting a book in my cart. No $50,-, no go.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:10 PM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist

Not to be smart, but just to make sure I understand -- you do mean that you registered the Reader in the Connect store, not just that you created a Connect Account....

'cause it should happen more or less instantly when you do that.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #14
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Not to be smart, but just to make sure I understand -- you do mean that you registered the Reader in the Connect store, not just that you created a Connect Account....

'cause it should happen more or less instantly when you do that.
I did register in the connect store and after that I authorized my PC and Reader.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:20 PM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist

Well, nuts. I was afraid I understood you correctly.