Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
Ubikzz
Ubikzz doesn't litterUbikzz doesn't litter

Device: N516
Hello from Belgium.

G'day everyone,

this will probably be the first forum where I do not need to explain my user name. :-)

I used to be a prolific reader when I was young and had loads of free-time, but as I grew older, there was less and less time -- kids, spouse, career, house, other hobbies -- for reading. Recently I have discovered the joy of reading again thanks to the ereader.

My mother tongue is Dutch, but I mostly read English books (a few French and German too).

As for reading, I am a SciFi adept (here we say S.F.) and Jack Vance is my favourite author, although my most favourite book is a Philip K. Dick one's.

I have a N516 (Hanvon), which I choose because it was the cheapest thing on the planet .... and it suited my needs better then the dearer one's.

Ubikzz
Ubikzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Ubikzz and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!

Re your username - where does the zz come from? I'm guessing the rest of it is your favourite Philip K Dick book...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Ubikzz !

There is a lot of SF (SyFy or Sci Fi -- lots of ways to type it, I've noticed) out there. Have you visited Baen's WebScription site ? They have a great free library at baen's.

Also please check out all the free ebooks right here on MR that have been beautifully hand crafted by some very dedicated MR members. (look up on the left in the blue bar -- choose ePub and LRF).

Have fun exploring the forums and just ask if you would like to know something.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
KunoK
Connoisseur
KunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enough

Device: Gen3, Boox 60, K3, Sony T1, Sandra has a Sony505, 650, K3
Wellcome

I hope you will enjoy the forum. I do.
KunoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Ubikzz, welcome to MR!

You might be shocked to learn that I wasn't familiar with "Ubik"; I don't think I've ever read anything by Philip K Dick. But I browsed the book at Amazon and it sounds really interesting, so I might give it a go. I'm cheap frugal though, so 9.99USD sounds kinda expensive to me.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:25 AM   #7
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Welcome to MobileRead, Ubikzz!
Happy reading now that you rediscovered the joys of it!
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubikzz View Post
G'day everyone,

this will probably be the first forum where I do not need to explain my user name. :-)

Ubikzz
Welcome to MobileRead, Ubikzz.

For us less worldly..........could you clarify your user name? And where would you be from?

Enjoy the forums!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
Ubikzz
Ubikzz doesn't litterUbikzz doesn't litter

Device: N516
Thanks for all your welcoming words.

I live close to Brussels (10 min. by car).

The extra zz comes from making Ubik unik (which would kill it in the same time) so it would probably always be a free user name in fora. I just don't like to have to remember different user names and there is no more room for post-its on my screen.
Ubikzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #10
Vector
Senile Delinquent
Vector will become famous soon enoughVector will become famous soon enoughVector will become famous soon enoughVector will become famous soon enoughVector will become famous soon enoughVector will become famous soon enough

Device: several
Hi Ubikzz. Welcome aboard. I'm glad to meet someone in Belgium. I love your country's beer.
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #11
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Thank you for the explanation!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #12
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
Hi Ubikzz. Welcome aboard. I'm glad to meet someone in Belgium. I love your country's beer.
HERE HERE FOR BEER!!!

Welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #13
jfdeclercq
ePaper Enthousiast
jfdeclercq began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hello, I see you are based in Belgium. Would you be interested in joining the ePaper User Group Initiative ? I would like to organize a ePaper User Meeting in 2010.

JF Declercq
jfdeclercq is offline   Reply With Quote