Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
Catz88
Catz88 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Should I buy a sony reader??

Hello, I'm from Portugal and i'm thinking bout ordering a sony reader. However i have some questions.. I would like to know if i can download ebooks from other sites and if they can be transfered to the reader as the ones you can buy from sony.
Also i would like to know from Europeans like myself if it runs great in here and how does the warranty works. Do we have to ship it to US?
Thank you,
hope someone can help me =)
Catz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I've had my Sony Reader for over a year and buy the majority of books from sites other than Sony. Works great
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Catz88 and welcome to the Forum. We have several members from Portugal who may be able to answer your questions. Check out the various threads here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sea...archid=1740745
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #4
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

I’m from Portugal and I do have a Sony Reader 505.
I have bought it in the UK (airport) and it’s running like a champ. It’s not my main eBook reader (that is the Cybook) but it’s great too.

Have you considered other readers before deciding?

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Concerning the warranty: I would say if bought in Europe it's an European one and thus should be repaired somewhere in Europe - I have not checked the details yet.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert