Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
adfrad
adfrad began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Text to LRF loses spacings

HI,
I have the latest version of Calibre 0.4.133 and I want to convert my collection of txt files over to LRF. When Calibre does this, it removes all the carriage returns. Sometimes it also adds a space after each and every l e t t e r!
If I open the text file in Textpad, it shows that the file is in unicode and if I resave it in DOS format, the conversion takes place with no problem.
Does Cablibre have a problem with Unicode?
Thanks,
Adfrad
adfrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When converting non-ascii txt files you have to specify the character encoding. The conversion dialog has an encoding option, just for this. As for losing line breaks, that's a feature. calibre removes all single line breaks and converts all double line breaks into paragraph breaks.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert