Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2008, 02:09 AM   #1
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Post Dooney & Bourke Leather Case- Opinions Please!

Does anyone here have the D & B leather case? Or has anyone seen and handled it. How is it protection-wise & what does it look like opened up? (Anyone have pics of it open?)

If you own it are you happy with it. I like the looks of it and I'm tempted, but would love to hear other opinions.

One more question, which color would be best with my dark blue 505?

I look forward to hearing your opinions!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:54 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
Does anyone here have the D & B leather case? Or has anyone seen and handled it. How is it protection-wise & what does it look like opened up? (Anyone have pics of it open?)

If you own it are you happy with it. I like the looks of it and I'm tempted, but would love to hear other opinions.

One more question, which color would be best with my dark blue 505?

I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Search this discussion forum.
There were lots of pictures and opinions when the Valentine edition of Sony PRS 500 came out last year.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Some photos of the previous one.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did look at the pics of last years. What I really want to know is what does it look like inside, how does it "feel" in use. I was hoping someone had seen this one in person. Also, is it available in the Sony stores or online only?
Old 01-30-2008, 09:57 PM   #5
Nytngale
Enthusiast
Nytngale began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Treo 700, Verizon Voyager
I just ordered the DB cover off of SonyStyle. I'll let you know how it works out. I am such a pushover for this type of thing!
Nytngale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2008, 10:02 PM   #6
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytngale View Post
I just ordered the DB cover off of SonyStyle. I'll let you know how it works out. I am such a pushover for this type of thing!
I look forward to hearing your opinion! (and pictures?) Which color did you order?
Old 01-30-2008, 11:05 PM   #7
Nytngale
Enthusiast

DB color

I ordered the brown/burgundy-ish color. I hope it looks as good as on the website.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:10 PM   #8
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

That's the one I'm interested in; I think it would look real nice on my navy blue Reader!!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:17 PM   #9
Nytngale
Enthusiast

Agree - I have the blue reader too. My cover shipped today - looking forward to having it soon - hopefully by Friday.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #10
adfleisher
Enthusiast
adfleisher doesn't litteradfleisher doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 360, Nook
I ordered the Black D&B cover for the wife as a valentines day gift and it arrived yesterday. Very nice case. I just wish there were an option as nice for my Kindle. Very solid construction, excellent stitching, everything I have come to expect from the D&B name.

Drew
adfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #11
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Requesting pics.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #12
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Requesting pics.
Same here! Pretty Please!!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:40 PM   #13
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Same here! Pretty Please!!
Yes! Pictures! Pretty please with sugar on top!!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 03:13 AM   #14
adfleisher
Enthusiast
adfleisher doesn't litteradfleisher doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 360, Nook
I'll get pictures up this weekend sometime.
adfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:24 AM   #15
pomlover
pomlover began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I got one in hand!

Hi all, I received my D&B cover today in the mail. The package was HUGE for such a little product. It came in a pretty kewel silver tin box that will be useful in the future to store stuff - it's pretty big. When I finally got through the maze of packaging and got to the cover, I was a little underwhelmed. It is definitely good looking. It's made...... tada - in China (what the hell isn't these days). I put it side by side with the stock brown cover that came with my 505 and there is not much difference in the quality except that it looks nicer. I don't think it was worth the $149 but what-the-hey. I make a good income, I have no rug-rats, I'm getting OLD, and I've got to spend my money somehow !
pomlover is offline   Reply With Quote