Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-02-2017, 05:37 AM   #1
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Firmware upgrade 4.3.8871 spotted

Yesterday my Kobo Aura Ed 2 received an FW upgrade. Change indicated bug fixes and stability. Did anyone else received this upgrade?
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:44 AM   #2
Desdinova
Eternal light
Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, Touch, H2O - now Aura One and Kindle Oasis 3
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.8871.zip seems to be the link too
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:45 AM   #3
Plien
Plien began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Yes, I have also received it. It started updating when I was buying a book. I also have an Aura Ed 2. It seems to have fixed the reading statistics.
Plien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:48 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Mark 6 - http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.8871.zip

Mark 5 - http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.8871.zip

Mark 4 - http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.8871.zip

Mark 3 - http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.8871.zip
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:10 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plien View Post
Yes, I have also received it. It started updating when I was buying a book. I also have an Aura Ed 2. It seems to have fixed the reading statistics.
Thank you, I hope it is true. I'll test it this evening (no Wifi update for me as I have the patch for blocking the wi-fi update).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:12 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm interested if there is anything else new other than fixing the stats.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:42 AM   #7
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
After I didn't succeeded to install fw 4.3.8842 i try to install 4.3.8871.

1)Remove the tile trigger (i thought maybe it causing the problem), got stock.
2)copy the factory image, install the 4.3.8871, registration..., it works ok on FW 4.3.8871.

I Don't know what cause the problem.

Can someone tell me for which devices this FW, I want to update the Wiki.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:05 AM   #8
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Judging by the links posted by JSWolf, all of the Mark 3 through Mark 6 devices should be included.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:16 AM   #9
Zorka
Enthusiast
Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Mini(5), Kobo Touch, Kobo H2O, Poke2, Pocketbook Color, Remarkabl
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Installed it on a Mini (mark4). Working fine for the moment
Zorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:17 AM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I believe it contains a fix for collections being wiped out. Of course I doubt it will help those who had the issue
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:26 AM   #11
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
I upgraded my KA1 and my reading stats pane dropped by 20 hours. I'll keep an eye on it and see how if it is more accurate now.
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #12
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I believe it contains a fix for collections being wiped out. Of course I doubt it will help those who had the issue
As I have a device without synchronizing, perhaps I'll check it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:33 PM   #13
pagepack
Zealot
pagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Aura One
Installed on my KA1, reading stats dropped from 1,254hrs to 260, which is about right.
pagepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:17 PM   #14
imkh
Enthusiast
imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Has anyone tried syncing yet?

On Aura HD I tried pressing the sync button without the wifi on - it asked if I wanted to connect - very good. Wifi comes on but the progress stalls at connecting ... I cancelled the sync after 5 minutes.

Now with Wifi on I pressed sync and got Checking for Updates - for all of 1 sec then an error message - Something went wrong... Please try again.

Maybe the servers are overloaded, I'll try again later, but I suspect the syncing isn't fixed in this update.

Last edited by imkh; 03-02-2017 at 02:17 PM. Reason: contradictory meaning
imkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:48 PM   #15
dow
Addict
dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505
JSWolf,

Which mark is the Aura HD? I sync'd my reader yesterday and received update 4.3.8842. Just sync'd again, and got no indication of another update.
dow is offline   Reply With Quote