Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #391
krajiska
krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: kindle 4nt
For how much time he would actually have to get into fastboot mode
krajiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #392
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by krajiska View Post
For how much time he would actually have to get into fastboot mode
Seconds after you press the buttons on the Kindle in the correct order.
Sorry, I don't recall what it is for your model -
there should be directions on-screen of what to hold and what to press.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #393
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm it's about 20 seconds hold on power.

then 2 seconds hold down button

then screen ON COMPUTER will say like "FASTBOOT MODE DETECTED" (or something.)
And turn from RED to GREEN (or something like that)

I did this recently on a 4.

Worked perfectly.

*night*
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:07 AM   #394
krajiska
krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.krajiska knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

I have a kindle 4nt.
The procedure I used is as follows:
Kubrick 3.4
burn cd
put in windows computer
boot from cd
wait till booted
press next
press next
Put your kindle into usb downloader mode
You wil now put your device into usb downloader mode
1. Conect the kindle to your computer
2. Pres and hold kindle s power button, and keep it pressed
3. When the LED turns off, keep presing the power button and in addition pres the down on five way controller.
4. Release the power button
5 Release the down on five way controller buton
Pres next once your kindle is in usb downloader mode
Status bar changes color from red to green
Press Next
Now it says putting device into fastboot mode. In this step your device is going into ....
But it just stays red there, what should I do to make it continue?
Old 05-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #395
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm...

It's a real puzzle. is the the new kindle 4.

I really am not sure I can be any more help because I just flashed a whole PILE of old 4's and ... err... "4" new 4nt's . With not a single problem?

I can't think of ANYTHING that I did special for the new ones.
Because I didn't do anything special, just the same as the other ones...

Out of ideas? Should just "go green" after about 5 seconds... (all mine did)

Sigh... Sorry. I got nothing more.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #396
shurikh
shurikh began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Lot thanks

I did unbrick my Kindle touch at first attempt. It's works great.
shurikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #397
krajiska

Just now I looked at it in the Windows 7 Control Panel appears as a device with the name NS blank CODEX. Any ideas what should I do if the device up and running.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:04 AM   #398
Arnolifni
Arnolifni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4
Downgrade Kindle Keyboard to firmware 3.3?

Is there a way to use Kubrick to downgrade Kindle Keyboard software to 3.3?
Arnolifni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #399
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnolifni View Post
No, there isn't.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #400
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnolifni View Post
See this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190842
Old 05-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #401
krajiska

People just going crazy. I read all the posts for 5 days, my head hurts like never, and I do not get it. Maybe this is my kindle and broken that it can not be repaired. I tried the Kubrick live cd, dvd, usb, and it is up to all right until you come to the part where you need to enter fastboot mode. It is waiting for the device, and so long as it does not stop. I tried it with "USB debricking for noobs (K4/K5): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180789" which was the silver. There I did forth the following:. Connect the Kindle to your computer, press the power switch, hold it until it goes out, then push the button down, windows detect a new device in the Control Panel to display as HID-compilant device. Run mfg tools, I'm going to scan that device, top right compilant detected as HID device, switch it on kindle fastboot, then start and after a few seconds it appears that it has successfully done. But then nothing else happens, I understand he should then demonstrate that it has found new hardware and ask for drivers to install. But nothing happens. Then I run the inf wizard that libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0, go on, get to find the list that I want to install, choose ns blank codes (so we him windows) see when you plug it in, then forward and then he install the driver. However, using Windows 7 and it ejected the driver is not installed correctly. The control panel is reported as libsub, and the name I gave him when I used the wizard, but in addition a yellow exclamation mark. Then run the cmd knock all the instructions, enter the fastboot.exe knock it fastboot flash Diags mmbkl0p2_ssh.img, is there something like start, then throw it again Waiting for device, and there is nothing else going on. Then I tried it all and the XP system, the driver is installed, but again there is that part in fastboot mode, and throw Waiting device. I do not know if I made a mistake somewhere, or maybe a defective part that can not be repaired. Otherwise the kindle 4 silver color, and it is currently an image (a rose) but does not react to anything. I tried the one mfg tools to get into diags mode, but nothing happens, any help is appreciated me. Once again the excuse of bad language. Probably you act like the Frenchman from "Alo". .

Last edited by krajiska; 05-25-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #402
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by krajiska View Post
People just going crazy. I read all the posts for 5 days, my head hurts like never, and I do not get it. Maybe this is my kindle and broken that it can not be repaired. I tried the Kubrick live cd, dvd, usb, and it is up to all right until you come to the part where you need to enter fastboot mode.
It is not only "waiting for the device" it is waiting **for you** to hold the power button followed at the right time by pressing the 5-way down button.

Same, same as getting into fastboot mode in kubrick as in the other utilities.

Just be sure your Kindle has a fully charged battery before starting the procedure.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #403
krajiska

How do I know that the battery is fully charged. Standing on the wall charger of a mobile phone, but 4 days. Turn it off just to try to process with Kubrick, and immediately return it to the charger. When plugged into a wall charger, shining yellow light, which after some time off. I tried the battery, so I put the Kindle in one holster bearing the one lamp for night reading lamp shines. So I think that the battery is charged just do not know how much, and whether it's enough. That you may need to turn on the green light when the battery is full?
Old 05-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #404
krajiska

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It is not only "waiting for the device" it is waiting **for you** to hold the power button followed at the right time by pressing the 5-way down button.
To do the right. It is on that screen when he says to connect kindle, so that pressed the power button and hold until the light goes out, then simultaneously pressed that button down, then release the power button and then the button down.
E there goes all right, she status bar changes color from red to green, and the report that the device is connected. Then press a button to continue, where in the next window should be entered into fastboot mode. Standing there and nothing is still not happening

Last edited by krajiska; 05-25-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #405
krajiska

Here's what it looks like when using tools mfg get into fastboot. Is it OK to look that way. Now what should I do. Is it I need to find a driver, or should I run the libusb. Or maybe you need to disconnect the Kindle from your computer and connect it again, and he then found the driver.
Here I kept it on the wall charger 2 full days, I tried live cd, and again nothing happens, there is the part where it goes into fastboot mode and it says. what do you suggest what to do. Thanks in advance