Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 12:26 AM   #76
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Voyager books aren't too bad actually.

Personally I never took to DS9 so have never read a book from this series.
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #77
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4
Read a couple of Christie Golden Trek novels. Very very easy to get into. Will read more shortly.
Villordsutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villordsutch View Post
Read a couple of Christie Golden Trek novels. Very very easy to get into. Will read more shortly.
There is a new Voyager eBook due out August 28th. It's written by Kirsten Beyer and her Voyager books are so much better then Christie Golden's Voyager books.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #79
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I have some curiosity about DS9/Voyager era Trek books, but it's so hard for them to climb the TBR list.
Anything you want to ask about them?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #80
your187
your187 began at the beginning.

Device: idevice
Talking star trek

hi all im looking for the star trek academy books from the 1990's and the un-numbered pocket ds9 books if anyone has em?

I do have ALL the rest of books written in epub format...

if anyone wants to share?
your187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #81
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
MobileRead does not condone piracy, and we will not permit our forums to be used to encourage or facilitate piracy. Anyone found doing so will be immediately banned without warning or notice. Please bear this in mind.

Thank you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #82
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by your187 View Post
hi all im looking for the star trek academy books from the 1990's and the un-numbered pocket ds9 books if anyone has em?

I do have ALL the rest of books written in epub format...

if anyone wants to share?
If they exist as eBooks, Simon & Schuster will have them. Of course, you will have to pay for them.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #83
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If they exist as eBooks, Simon & Schuster will have them. Of course, you will have to pay for them.
Or not, there are libraries as well.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #84
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Or not, there are libraries as well.
Sadly, S&S doesn't allow libraries to have their ebooks.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #85
jessicalynn
Zealot
jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Nook First Gen (broken), iPad, Kindle Touch SO
I hope it's ok that I'm reviving this old thread, but I wanted to let everyone know that Books on Board has Simon and Schuster ebooks at a discount today, which includes the Star Trek books. If anyone wants to pick up some Star Trek titles, now is the time.

I just picked up a bunch of DS9 books.
jessicalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #86
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Well if I'm a nerd for liking Star Trek I figure I'm in good company. They even had a real astronaut on board for one episode of TNG. I wonder how many of todays astronauts owe their choice of career to Star Trek.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #87
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Just want to add that, following the chart JSWolf pointed to, I have started reading the Vanguard series (i'm on the 3rd one), and have to say these are very good, the story is compelling and refreshing. It's turning out to be quite a page turner.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #88
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Just want to add that, following the chart JSWolf pointed to, I have started reading the Vanguard series (i'm on the 3rd one), and have to say these are very good, the story is compelling and refreshing. It's turning out to be quite a page turner.
Here's a link to the current chart that does get updated. If you got the chart from my attachment, forget that version.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-n...d%25208of5.jpg
Old 04-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #89
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I've been catching up with my Trek reading. On the 2nd book of the TNG Cold Equations trilogy by David Mack. It's mind-blowingly AWESOME! I highly recommend it.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #90
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I am currently reading the Lost Era series of Star Trek. So far, I'm on the second one and am enjoying the series.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote