Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: do you like kite?
yes 55 85.94%
no 9 14.06%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #31
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
I'm working to get the browser called "midori" to work on my Touch right now, but I'm not sure if it's possible at all (I really doubt honestly).
Yeah, I think any normal browser would be very problematic on the Kindle. I have heard some boards and people mention using other Webkit Browsers, but I am unsure of just what ones could work on the Kindle.

Edit: Here is a link to several Webkit Browsers, if anybody's interested:

http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/Applicat...using%20WebKit
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #32
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
@hostar, @hawhill: I executed kite, it give no error but nothing happens!
1. When kite run on boot, you should see little changed boot screen (Kindle tree). In fact, it should display picture of kite, but in my case, it just cut the "tree hill" on the right next to tree.

2. You will see some change after putting files into /mnt/us/kite/

If you did all this, but you can't still see no added items on Home screen, something is wrong...
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #33
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
...deleted by user.... (I already replied a couple posts above what I was replying here...oops :P)
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #34
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Kite launches scripts randomly onboot and onplug

Hi,

I am new to the Kindle community, and appreciate tese very much. I started using Kite on my Kindle 3G v3.3.

One issue I am having is that scripts in the kite folder launches randomly after boot or after unplug. For example, mplayer would start playing byitself on boot, of K3Chess would be launched. There is nothing in the onboot or onplug folder.

I am wondering if it the Kindle reindexing the pdf files and activating the scripts.

Has anyone experienced this and how to fix?

Thanks,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #35
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Launchpad with Kite without Jailbreak

Hi,

I do not want to Jailbreak my K3G.

I use Kite and got K3Chess, mplayer, kinamp, google and wikipedia search hack to work.

However, can I get Launchpad to work without Jailbreak but with only Kite?

Thanks,
James
Old 03-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #36
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I don't think so (although it would maybe be possible to write a script for kite that runs launchpad). However, I don't quite understand two things: Why you want both? and: Why not just jailbreak? Kite and Duokan come with their own "implicit"/temporary jailbreak anyway.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:00 AM   #37
jmseight
Zealot

wifi support

Hi,

Is there a way to telnet using wifi with kite and usbnet?

Thanks,
James
Old 03-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #38
kindleholic
kindleholic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.0
Installers available for K5?

Is possible to install in K5 Touch? I have only the installers for 3G, 3GB, and 3W
kindleholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:32 PM   #39
bluen
Enthusiast
bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.

Device: kindle
Hi
New to Kindle and linux. Could someone point me to the scripts for coolreader and kinamp that work with Kite?
Also, can we change the fonts or do we have to jailbreak for that?
edit: found instructions for changing font without jailbreak.

Last edited by bluen; 03-28-2012 at 11:12 PM.
bluen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #40
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

kindleholic: it certainly is. I can't help you with installer, because last time I tried to make my own, I was unsuccessful and it just didn't work. But if you want to try it for yourself, search for "Kindletool"

Of course, you can use any other way of installation, for example over script is easy. If you have RUNME hack installed, I think, that renaming of kite install script to RUNME.sh and putting script to Kindle should work, but better do backup of main partition first.

bluen:
Coolreader
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=107

Kinamp
try this (with proper filenames with full path):
Code:
#!/bin/sh
kinamp file file1 file2 file3

Last edited by hostar; 03-29-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #41
bluen
Enthusiast
bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post
kindleholic: it certainly is. I can't help you with installer, because last time I tried to make my own, I was unsuccessful and it just didn't work. But if you want to try it for yourself, search for "Kindletool"

Of course, you can use any other way of installation, for example over script is easy. If you have RUNME hack installed, I think, that renaming of kite install script to RUNME.sh and putting script to Kindle should work, but better do backup of main partition first.

bluen:
Coolreader
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=107

Kinamp
try this (with proper filenames with full path):
Code:
#!/bin/sh
kinamp file file1 file2 file3
Thanks.

For coolreader, dropped that script into the macbook into textedit app and tried saving both as RTF and as ODT format but without the extensions.
I then dropped this into the main Kite folder on the Kindle as per instructions in other thread (not in the ondrop folder)
See the Coolreader3 showing up as pdf on the kindle but it does not open.
Should I have used a different program on the mac to save the script?

For kinamp, what i really want is to create playlists on the kindle of mp3s. Your script looks like I would be calling out URLs for streaming radio stations or perhaps I just don't understand what the files correspond to? Perhaps I just need mplayer? If so, where is the script for that?
bluen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #42
poomex
poomex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Would it be possible to install kite on Kindle 4 NT as an update?
poomex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:26 AM   #43
hostar
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by poomex View Post
Would it be possible to install kite on Kindle 4 NT as an update?
Certainly yes, but anyone did it yet. When I tried to make installer over Kindletool for K4NT, I failed.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:54 AM   #44
reposed
reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
So how would one be able to make a renamer script for renaming screensavers on the K4?
reposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #45
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by reposed View Post
So how would one be able to make a renamer script for renaming screensavers on the K4?
Left as a student exercise perhaps?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote