Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
MusingCoyote
MusingCoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
re-rooting

I rooted my nook waay back last year, and was really pleased with it. I restored it back to stock when the B&N app store came out, though, and not too long after that, I lost my charging cord, and only just now managed to get another of the insanely priced little cretins. Since I essentially haven't bothered looking into it for the past six months to a year, I'm a little out of date.
So, assume I'm absolutely clueless. What's the best and most idiot-proof way to root a nook color right now? is auto-nooter still the way to go, or has something better come up now?
MusingCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #2
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
As far as I am concerned the simplest is to run CM7 off an SD card and leave your Nook stock.

I haven't run my basic Nook for over 6 months all I use is my SD card speed is great and have all the apps I want.

Easy peasy just follow the following thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1000957
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
MusingCoyote
MusingCoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I thought about doing that, but the largest microSD card I have right now is only 4gb, which really isn't enough for me, so I went ahead and rooted the nook itself, still using CM7, and I'm incredibly pleased with it. I do have another small issue, though. I want to get rid of dialer and the other phone-type apps, but I'm not having much luck with it.
MusingCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
There's really no benefit to getting rid of those apps, and in some cases they help with compatibility with market apps.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusingCoyote View Post
I thought about doing that, but the largest microSD card I have right now is only 4gb, which really isn't enough for me, so I went ahead and rooted the nook itself, still using CM7, and I'm incredibly pleased with it. I do have another small issue, though. I want to get rid of dialer and the other phone-type apps, but I'm not having much luck with it.
I am missing your point. CM7 running on a 4gb sd card gives you 4 gb more than you have at present as you can still use Nook memory.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote