Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
Daermond
Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Metadata downlad plugin trouble

Hi.

I try to create a metadata download plugin for a Hungarian online shop called libri.hu.
First I have made a python script that downloads the metadata and print it in the console.
The I try to convert it to a plugin for Calibre, but I stucked.
In debug mode I can see it prints out the data for the book but at the end of the run of the plugin I get an error message:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.py", line 525, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "D:\Calibre Libary\calibre\src\calibre\gui2\dialogs\fetch_metadata.py", l
ine 38, in run
  File "D:\Calibre Libary\calibre\src\calibre\ebooks\metadata\fetch.py", line 32
0, in search
  File "D:\Calibre Libary\calibre\src\calibre\ebooks\metadata\fetch.py", line 28
7, in filter_metadata_results
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'publisher'
I'm new in python and I have just basic programing skills.
My code is now just a basic scratch version, and I try to do fine tuning and make some error handling in the future.
The metadata it scrapes mostly contains special Hungarian characters.
Here is my plugins code:
Code:
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

import lxml, sys
import lxml.html as lh
#import traceback

from calibre import browser
from calibre.customize import Plugin
from calibre.ebooks.metadata.fetch import MetadataSource
from calibre.ebooks.metadata import MetaInformation

def get_social_metadata(title, authors, publisher, isbn):
	print '4'
	mi = MetaInformation(title, authors)
	SEARCH_URL = "http://www.libri.hu/reszletes_kereso"
	print '5'
	br = browser()
	br.open(SEARCH_URL)
	br.select_form(name = "detailed_search_form")
	br['cim'] = title
	br['szerzo'] = authors
#	br['isbn'] = isbn
	search_page = br.submit()

book_page = br.follow_link(url_regex='konyv', nr=0)

print search_page.geturl()
	print book_page.geturl()

doc = lh.parse(book_page)

book_title = ''.join(doc.xpath('//*[@id="book"]/div/h1/text()')).replace("\t",'').replace("\n",'')
	print book_title
	mi.title = book_title

book_author = ''.join(doc.xpath('//*[@id="book"]//*[@class="authors"]//text()')).replace("\t",'').replace("\n",'')
	print book_author
	mi.authors = book_author

book_property = doc.xpath('//*[@class="props"]/text()')
	book_property = [text for text in book_property if text != '\r\n\t\t\t\t\t\r\n\t\t\t' and text != '\r\n\t\t\t\t' and text != '\r\n\t\t\t\t\r\n\t\t\t\t\t\r\n\t\t\t\t' and text != ' ' and text != ': ']

book_publish_date = ''.join(book_property[6]).replace(" ",'').replace("\t",'').replace("\n",'')
	print book_publish_date
	mi.pubdate =  book_publish_date	

book_publisher = ''.join(doc.xpath('//*[@class="props"]/a/text()'))
	print book_publisher
	mi.publisher = book_publisher

#mi.series = series[0].strip()

book_comments = ''.join(doc.xpath('//*[@id="tab_content_lead"]//text()')).replace("\t",'').replace("\n",'')
	print book_comments
	mi.comments = book_comments	

book_isbn = ''.join(book_property[5]).replace(" ",'').replace("\t",'').replace("\n",'')
	print book_isbn
	mi.isbn=book_isbn

return mi

class LibraryThing(MetadataSource):

author = 'Csaba Hoffer'
	metadata_type = 'basic'
	name = 'Libri_Hu'
	description = _('Downloads metadata from Libri.hu')
	version             = (1, 0, 0)
	supported_platforms = ['windows', 'osx', 'linux']

print '1'

def fetch(self):
		print '2'
		try:
			self.results = get_social_metadata(self.title, self.book_author, self.publisher, self.isbn)
			print '8'
			#print self.results
			print '9'

except Exception, e:
			print '6'
			self.exception = e
			self.tb = traceback.format_exc()

def main(args=sys.argv):
	print get_social_metadata(None, None, None, None)
	return 0

if __name__ == '__main__':
	sys.exit(main())
Please, if anyone have some hint for me what could be the problem share it with me.
Thanks!
Daermond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Daermond

Help should arrive soon.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
decide if your plugin is used to download social metadata or basic metadata. And note that self.results has to be set to a list of Metadata objects as noted in the documentation of the MEtadataSource class
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #4
Daermond
Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks Kovid!
I have missed that self.results should be a list object.
Now it working!
Thanks for the tip!

It is possible that one plugin could used for basic and social metadata downloading?
Old 10-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

no you have to make two
Old 10-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #6
Daermond

Hi.
The plugin downloads both type of metadata...

I have an other problem. I use the latest 0.7.24 version on WinXP and on Win7 too. When I try to fetch metadata from edit metadata option it do the job fine. Downloads all the basic and social metadata. But when I try to download metadata from the main page right click on the book and edit metadata and download metadat (all the options) does not find the same book. When I run it in debug mode it seems that calibare does not give the data to self. variables. I try to print the self.title and the debug console says None. It is a plugin problem or calibare problem?

By the way thanks for the whole Calibre!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That's weird, open a ticket for it.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
Daermond

I have found the problem.
The matadata type metadata_type = 'basic' was not defined in the MetadataSource class.
It is now set, and working fine both ways.
So these was the plugin faliure.