Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-04-2010, 01:42 AM   #1
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Remove page info from HTML when converting?

I have an HTML file that has the following page number info embedded in it for every page number:

<DIV ID="page0023" DIR="LTR">
<P><BR><BR>
</P>
</DIV>

Is it possible to get rid of this during the conversion process to MOBI or EPUB with come Calibre setting?

Also, can anyone recommend an HTML editor for the Mac (free or payware)?

Thanks.

Last edited by JMikeD; 04-04-2010 at 11:53 AM.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The Remove header and Remove footer options allow you to specify a regular expression that will remove everything it matches.

If you want something a bit easier to work with I would recommend Sigil.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Yeah, but it doesn’t seem to actually be a header of footer, just regular html text. If it would work on that, I'd need someone to tell me what the expression would be. I quit programming 20+ years ago and have lost all my smarts in that area.

Isn't Sigil an ePub editor? I don't quite see how that would work with this.

Thanks

Last edited by JMikeD; 04-04-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Mike,

In your case, with the page numbering embedded in the regular html text, you will have to use an editor. You will need to do a Search & Replace with a portion of the coding and replace it with nothing. Or a space if your tool of choice doesn't allow null replacements.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
Yeah, but it doesn’t seem to actually be a header of footer, just regular html text.
It can match any content within the book. Header and Footer were chosen as the names because that's what the option will be used for 99% of the time.

Quote:
If it would work on that, I'd need someone to tell me what the expression would be. I quit programming 20+ years ago and have lost all my smarts in that area.
Unfortunately, that is the only way to go about it from within calibre. There is a builder window that will let you see what is being matched.

Quote:
Isn't Sigil an ePub editor? I don't quite see how that would work with this.
EPUB is just a collection of HTML files with some helper files that give metadata and ordering. When you're editing an EPUB within Sigil you are editing HTML. Sigil can open HTML files directly.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
JMikeD
Evangelist

OK, thanks, guys. I'll go give all that a try.