Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #106
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post

Red Station - Adrian Magson
First in the brand-new Harry Tate thriller series - Having been made the scapegoat for a botched drugs intercept operation, MI5 officer Harry Tate is dispatched to 'Red Station', a remote outpost in the Balkans, ostensibly to avoid press scrutiny, but where in effect the security services send 'problem' agents they'd like to be rid of. But the outpost is thrust into the international spotlight when troops begin massing in the area; and, as the situation becomes increasingly dangerous, Tate discovers the real, truly shocking, purpose behind 'Red Station' - and decides to fight back . . .
This looks interesting, thanks for the recommendation.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:49 AM   #107
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuallee View Post
This looks interesting, thanks for the recommendation.
It isn't bad as a first attempt, a bit tedious at times though.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #108
Yamada
Enthusiast
Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad; K1/2/DX; Some Sony thing I bought at Yodobashi
Andrew Britton. 'nuff said.

U.S. Army veteran, born in England, lived hard, died fast, wrote like the champion he is.

I don't know about the dying hard part, but he did pass on from a heart condition.

Honorable mentions:

Everyone else mentioned in the thread.

Barry Eisler, in particularly if you can get past the wussification of Rain by the fifth book (thank GOD Barry brough back some of the old half-breed fire The Detachment!) Treven can trip on a crack and break his back for what I cared for his character.

[edit]

Vince Flynn is good. His...prattling about the state of national security gets bogged down by the later books. He hates brown people, equates freedom with a constant gun pointed at all plausible threats (IE, everyone), gets too prone to masturbating heroics in the same vein as 24 (I think he advised the show). By the fourth book, it wasn't a "Flynn" novel, but an extended Jack Bauer Power Hour Multiplied by However Long It Takes For You to Read My Book.

Last edited by Yamada; 07-17-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Yamada is offline   Reply With Quote