Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
dp424
dp424 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Problems with Kindle freezing

Hi everyone. I am new to this site but am looking for help with this problem. My kindle had been freezing up and I thought it was the battery. I bought a new battery and it worked for about a week and has frozen again. I tried resetting with the button in the back but it did not work. I would appreciate any suggestions of help. I did not purchase this product for myself, somebody from my old job gave it to me several months back and he is no longer at my job, so I don't think I can call kindle customer service. Thanks for any help.
dp424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Hi dp424, welcome to MobileRead.

You most definitely can call Amazon customer service for help. It doesn't matter that your K1 was a gift, CS is there to help.

May I ask if the freezing occurs with one book in particular or with any book or a particular command?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, dp424!

I'm sorry I can't help with your Kindle question. If you don't get the answers here, you might want to repost your question in the Kindle Troubleshooting forum. Good luck.

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi dp424 and welcome to MobileRead. Good luck with your Kindle
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Hi dp424, welcome to MobileRead!!
Hope you figure out what's wrong with your Kindle and get back reading quickly!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #6
dp424
dp424 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for the response. It happens while reading a book. As a matter of fact, it has been happening with the same book, I didn't take notice before you asked the question. Maybe I will try to download another book and see what happens. But, thats if I can get this thing running!! I hate it because that means I do not have any books to read!!
dp424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp424 View Post
Thanks for the response. It happens while reading a book. As a matter of fact, it has been happening with the same book, I didn't take notice before you asked the question. Maybe I will try to download another book and see what happens. But, thats if I can get this thing running!! I hate it because that means I do not have any books to read!!
Yeah, some poorly formatted books and sometimes those which are in the Topaz format can cause the Kindle to freeze. If other books work fine, then you'll know for sure that particular book is the culprit. If the book came from Amazon, contact them and let them know the problem so they can correct it or give you a refund.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote