Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #61
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Oh, all right! I joined! I invited Zelda to join our group, as well.
I tried to befriend you, but your question wouldn't allow me. I asked a question back (Is it African?)
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #62
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
africanoreuropean

or was it europeanorafrican

Memory's going. try both.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 07:59 PM   #63
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
africanoreuropean

or was it europeanorafrican

Memory's going. try both.

Crap I already forgot. But at least I was close the first time!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:57 AM   #64
elainevdw
elainevdw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
You created a monster!!! I just created an account and added 117 books! 117!!!! (Granted, a lot of those are children's books I want to remember are awesome for when my niece is born. But still.)

I like it a lot better than Shelfari. The fake bookshelf thing with Shelfari was driving me crazy. Goodreads is awesome.

And, it finally gave me a place to bitch about my love/hate relationship with the Twilight books... and a couple other books that got on my nerves.

Man, going through all those lists of books with cover images was better than flipping through my high school year book. Though I guess the fact that I had more fictional friends than real friends in high school probably contributes to that a little.
elainevdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:02 AM   #65
elainevdw
elainevdw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwant View Post
last time I visited Goodreads the first thing I saw was the Best Books corner and “Twilight” by Stephenie Meyer. And the best book ever was something about Mormons.

Well, I don’t care for both and decided that such people can’t give me any useful recommendations. I think all the services are very much American centred, well nothing wrong with it, just not my cup of tea.
When I visited, there were two lists being shown: One was of THE BEST BOOKS EVER, and the other was THE WORST BOOKS EVER.

Twilight was on both of em.

So Goodreads is good by me!
elainevdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2009, 08:33 AM   #66
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

I'm trying to figure out more capabilities of the group so we can do some fun stuff, if anyone has any ideas let me know.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #67
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm still trying to find time to go and enter all the books I want to enter.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:05 PM   #68
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
OMG. I just found this thread and checked out GoodReads.com. I'm hooked already.

Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #69
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I've spent some time now entering books. Seems a lot easier than I remember Shelfari being. I'm only entering what I have as an ebook. There is no way I'm entering over 2,000 pbooks.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #70
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I've spent some time now entering books. Seems a lot easier than I remember Shelfari being. I'm only entering what I have as an ebook. There is no way I'm entering over 2,000 pbooks.

I found it pretty easy to add the ones I did. If you've read multiple books by an author, you go to their page and click click click. Later I browsed some of their lists and clicked books I read.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #71
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
I really like how you can search Amazon to find your books, makes it a lot easier...
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:54 AM   #72
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Because I may now have to beat them over the head.

I'm already at ~350 books added (that I've read) and I've been working on it for two hours.

Is anyone else on this site? BOb, I think it was you. It's all your fault!!!
I'm there! I don't have anywhere near all I've read or am reading on it, but I'm there... I get lost in there every now and then and have to make myself back off.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #73
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Hey, there are 20 of us in the MobileRead group at GoodReads! Books. What a cool thing.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #74
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Hey, there are 20 of us in the MobileRead group at GoodReads! Books. What a cool thing.
I know! I think we can get more though
Old 02-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #75
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I know! I think we can get more though
Books? Really?? How?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote