Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 07-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #226
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
What is wrong with this command:

java -Xms200M -Xmx300M -jar LRFTools-v0-1.9.211.jar convert -LRFTools/TenderistheNight.lrf -HTML -noo

Trying it on a Mac, but I keep getting the Actions list when I run it.

When I tried the second version of the GUI, I can see it start, but then it just closes.

P.S. Ah, well. I ran the gui in Vista, and it worked (on my Mac it doesn't.)

The conversion was decent, but the TOC didn't work (the chapters lost their tags.)

Thanks for a very useful tool, though!

LRF is a real b*tch of a format....

Last edited by Sonist; 07-26-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #227
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Hi,

this is a very nice tool, thanks for the effort.

I have converted a LRF book to EPUB and HTML, and the result is good, with the exception that there are no paragraph breaks. Is this a known problem? I attach a screenshot to show the two formats.

Last edited by afv011; 08-08-2009 at 02:44 PM.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #228
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Hi,

this is a very nice tool, thanks for the effort.

I have converted a LRF book to EPUB and HTML, and the result is good, with the exception that there are no paragraph breaks. Is this a known problem? I attach a screenshot to show the two formats.
The screenshot of message I am quoting needs to be deleted. It's showing an illegal book. Original Star Trek novels do not have straight quotes.

As to the problem, just go into the CSS of the ePub and you can fix the problems.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #229
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The screenshot of message I am quoting needs to be deleted. It's showing an illegal book. Original Star Trek novels do not have straight quotes.
I really think this falls under fair use.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #230
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
As to the problem, just go into the CSS of the ePub and you can fix the problems.
Thanks for the tip. I have done something different, I have searched/replaced the beginning and end of each paragraph to add a <p> and </p>, it seemed easier that updating the CSS. The LRFTool does a good job of detecting paragraphs as each paragraph is marked with a <div> tag, so my thought was that it should be fairly simple to update it to include a <p> and </p> to have a clear division between paragraphs.
Advert
Old 08-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #231
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I really think this falls under fair use.

BOb
Fair use would be if it was a legal eBook. This is not a legal eBook so it cannot be fair use.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #232
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:

Quote:
Fair use would be if it was a legal eBook. This is not a legal eBook so it cannot be fair use.
The book might not be fair use (I disagree), but the image is becuase it is only a small part, was posted for noncommercial purposes, and does not detract from the sales of the book.

Whether the book is a illicit copy is not relevant, IMO.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #233
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The book might not be fair use (I disagree), but the image is becuase it is only a small part, was posted for noncommercial purposes, and does not detract from the sales of the book.
that's what I meant.. showing an image with part of a page of a book is fair use....

As far as the book, it is entirely possible the book was scanned and OCRed or the person lives in a country where copying the book is legal... I have no idea.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #234
elinares
Xtreme Quijote
elinares doesn't litterelinares doesn't litterelinares doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I have done something different, I have searched/replaced the beginning and end of each paragraph to add a <p> and </p>, it seemed easier that updating the CSS. The LRFTool does a good job of detecting paragraphs as each paragraph is marked with a <div> tag, so my thought was that it should be fairly simple to update it to include a <p> and </p> to have a clear division between paragraphs.
Some people has made the same comment before. I'm at the beach now, answering with my phone; next week i'll take a look at this...
Happy holidays.
elinares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #235
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by elinares View Post
Some people has made the same comment before. I'm at the beach now, answering with my phone; next week i'll take a look at this...
Happy holidays.
Thanks for your reply; I look forward to your LRFTool update, and enjoy your holiday!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #236
elinares
Xtreme Quijote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
What is wrong with this command:

java -Xms200M -Xmx300M -jar LRFTools-v0-1.9.211.jar convert -LRFTools/TenderistheNight.lrf -HTML -noo

Trying it on a Mac, but I keep getting the Actions list when I run it.

When I tried the second version of the GUI, I can see it start, but then it just closes.

P.S. Ah, well. I ran the gui in Vista, and it worked (on my Mac it doesn't.)

The conversion was decent, but the TOC didn't work (the chapters lost their tags.)

Thanks for a very useful tool, though!

LRF is a real b*tch of a format....
The command must be convertLRF (this was changed on recent versions). About TOC, well, I'm not sure what you mean 'lost their tags'...
Old 08-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #237
drenthe
drenthe began at the beginning.

Device: rocket ebook
For Mac Leopard:
change Java 1.5 to 1.6 in "Java Preferences" application located in (/Applications/Utilities/Java) or (/Applications/Utilities)

then try something like:
java -Xms200M -Xmx300M -jar LRFTools/LRFTools-v0.9.211.jar convertLRF "LRFTools/Convert" -HTML -noo

1 - dont forget quotes
2 - here: LRFTools-v0.9.211.jar in folder "LRFTools" in "home"
3 - here: lrf-files in folder "LRFTools" in folder "Convert"
drenthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #238
Demented
Connoisseur
Demented began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, Nook, Cybook Original
I'm only familiar with Java development and I can't seem to make a change to the source of the html converter. Anyone else have any experience? I'm trying to redo the output style from <div><span> to <p>. I'm not having trouble with the code, it's compiling it once I've made my changes to the emitter.java file of src/lrf/html folder.
Demented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:03 AM   #239
elinares
Xtreme Quijote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
I'm only familiar with Java development and I can't seem to make a change to the source of the html converter. Anyone else have any experience? I'm trying to redo the output style from <div><span> to <p>. I'm not having trouble with the code, it's compiling it once I've made my changes to the emitter.java file of src/lrf/html folder.
Well, this class is only used to convert from PDF to EPUB. Actually, conversion from LRF to EPUB is handled via iText libraries. These libraries do not let me change anything. I could post-process output from them (with a flag) to change <div> to <p>... is this enough?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:49 AM   #240
Demented
Connoisseur
Demented began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, Nook, Cybook Original
That would be nice. I've actually been looking at it and I think the best solution would be to remove the divs entirely and then replace the <span> tags with <p> tags. I can't wait to have line breaks again Thanks for your hard work on this project.
Demented is offline   Reply With Quote