Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2008, 01:07 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Purchasing ebooks from Dymocks

Can PRS-505 owners purchase and use ebooks from Dymocks using the latest firmware upgrade? Has anyone yet tried this? http://www.dymocks.com.au/
When can PRS-500 users get in on doing this?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:56 AM   #2
charlieperry
Connoisseur
charlieperry doesn't littercharlieperry doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Yes. I tried it and I think it worked. You need to buy the Adobe version and then authorise your reader on Adobe Digital Editions.

Downside: Dymocks is very expensive and the selection is poor.

I blog about using my Reader in Australia occasionally
http://bookbook.com.au/tag/sony-reader/
charlieperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2008, 06:29 AM   #3
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieperry View Post
Yes. I tried it and I think it worked. You need to buy the Adobe version and then authorise your reader on Adobe Digital Editions.

Downside: Dymocks is very expensive and the selection is poor.

I blog about using my Reader in Australia occasionally
http://bookbook.com.au/tag/sony-reader/
Is there a 'Your Mileage May Vary' component to it, or do they read well on the 505? Did you give feedback to Dymocks?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:53 PM   #4
charlieperry
Connoisseur
charlieperry doesn't littercharlieperry doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
I've only bought one book so far and have no real complaints. I have a UK credit card so I'm hanging out for the Reader to be launched in the UK. Then I'll be able to buy books from the Sony store without having to get someone in the US to buy me gift vouchers.
charlieperry is offline   Reply With Quote