Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #34606
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I've never seen a mouse blush. But speaking of meeces (points if you catch the reference)....

Last night we had a visitor in the control room. As I was looking for something in one of the cabinets, I saw a mouse scurry from behind the cabinet to a location under my workmate's desk. Did I tell her? Are you kidding? A couple of years ago someone found a small, harmless, non-venomous snake outside the control room. After she found out about it she was seeing snakes everywhere for the next two weeks. Nah, sometimes ignorance is bliss.
Oi!

anyway if you saw any meeces, there will be snakes coming next to eat the peeces.

Is your cat off duty?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #34607
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Oi!

anyway if you saw any meeces, there will be snakes coming next to eat the peeces.

Is your cat off duty?
his cat probably doesn't have the appropriate security clearance to come in to work
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #34608
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I've begun work on a pair of macrame baby booties. I just learned that I'm going to be a grandfather in the Spring!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #34609
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I've begun work on a pair of macrame baby booties. I just learned that I'm going to be a grandfather in the Spring!

Stitchawl
Wow, congratulations!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #34610
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Stitchawl
congratumalations! Have you pix of the booties?

my flowering tea came today and I am enjoying the first cup. The only glass suitable was a trophy from bloke's volleyball. Anyway it is quite delicious, even if the flower didn't come up very far and some pink flowers floated to the top.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0020.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	819.9 KB
ID:	93710   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0021.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	868.9 KB
ID:	93711   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0022.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	93712  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #34611
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
congratumalations! Have you pix of the booties?
Thanks! No pics of the booties yet, but could I take a photo of the string and you could use your imagination?

Quote:
my flowering tea came today and I am enjoying the first cup. The only glass suitable was a trophy from bloke's volleyball. Anyway it is quite delicious, even if the flower didn't come up very far and some pink flowers floated to the top.
Each will look a little different. Looks best in a wine glass, but the taste will remain the same even in a jelly jar.

Stitchawl
Old 10-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #34612
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thanks for the pics, SS. *I'm not sure how I would feel about drinking something that had a "growie" thing in it.*
Quote:

Stitchawl
Congratulations, grandpa!

Time to make some hot chocolate. I'm a warm weather girl and I am not ready for this sudden cool down we are having.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:07 AM   #34613
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Hmmm hot chocolate!

I drank about 3 or 4 fills of that tea - the glass must be at least 600mls. Funny I don't feel as hungry as I should this time of the day given earlier eating circumstances. Maybe this will help me with my debargearseification. Anyway it tastes really nice.

OOh - I am trying to do the superannuation - but the site it so slow - maybe it has loaded what I need - so frustrating - the new site's verification thinks all postcodes are numeric and won't accept a UK code and after several attempts to input a new member and with super slow page loads, it finally tells me that person is already in there I am growing to love super time.

booties

It is not really a growie thing in it, it is very dry and takes a while to soak up the water.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:33 AM   #34614
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:

Stitchawl
Congratulations!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #34615
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:

Stitchawl
Congrats! All the fun and none of the sleep deprivation.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #34616
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:

Stitchawl
Congrats! And now you can sit back and watch as your granchild visits revenge by proxy...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #34617
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Congrats! All the fun and none of the sleep deprivation.
Thanks, but I doubt I'll see him/her very often. It'll be lucky if we get together 2-3 times... I'm sorry to say, but I don't find babies much fun. Interesting, but not fun. I enjoy kids after they reach about 8-10. Or 27-28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Congrats! And now you can sit back and watch as your granchild visits revenge by proxy...
I've already started the process by sending them the pic that I gave to ProfCrash when she announced her pregnancy...

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ProfCrash.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	93745  

Last edited by Stitchawl; 10-09-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #34618
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:

Stitchawl
Congratulations Stitchawl.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #34619
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I figured it would be hard to get together because of where you live. I have been talking to my In Laws using whatever the program is on my IPad. We set the camera up and they can talk to Lucas and his parents pretty easily. It is not perfect but it is an easy way for them to see their grandson and vice versa. I am working with my parents to do the same on their ITouch. I am trying to save enough money to get them an IPad for Christmas. I am thinking an IPad 2 would work fine.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #34620
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I just had what Oprah would call and "aha moment".

When I was nine I was sent to a different primary school after two years of hell. First I had a teacher who was back teaching after a year off for having a mental breakdown, however she wasn't fully recovered and took it out on children, me being one of her favourite targets. I was called stupid on a daily basis and often wasn't allowed to have lunch, instead I had to work through lunch hour. The year after wasn't any better, the head teacher was our teacher and he was a bully. At the start of the year we were one math book behind and at the end of the year we were one and a half book ahead; I couldn't keep up with that so I was called stupid again. If we asked any questions or said we didn't understand something we were called stupid and sometimes got punished.

At my new secondary school it didn't go any better. I was the new kid, there were a lot of kids with behavioural problems. Except for maths I was behind on almost all other subjects. I was bullied by being called stupid and ugly, some of those kids regularly beat me up after school. Some teachers tried to do something about it, others told me not to tattle when I told them about the bullying and beatings.

The bullying went on in secondary because half of my class went to the same school as I did. No more beatings, luckily, and I made some friends. Not until the final year did the bullying stop.

I've gotten over it mostly, I now know I'm not stupid. I still have problems trusting strangers but I have no problems making friends. What I discovered today was that I never really had gotten over the "ugly" label. I never really looked at myself in the mirror until tonight. I walked in the utility room to go to my bedroom and looked into the mirror and my first thought was that I have a pretty face. I've always like my eyes, but I've been losing weight and today I noticed how much weight I lost in my face. I actually have nice cheekbones!

Sure, I'm still overweight but I'm not horribly ugly and unattractive as I've always thought I was.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?