Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-23-2008, 11:57 AM   #196
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
All right. So I will be researching those words. But for now I must go to WORK! aaacck! Does anyone remember Dobie Gillis?

OH, and put aside any thoughts of rescue. You are doomed.
Yeah, they tried to rescue me from the Pandorg by blowing up the lab.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #197
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
All right. So I will be researching those words. But for now I must go to WORK! aaacck! Does anyone remember Dobie Gillis?

I heard Gilligan was always high during that show. And that he had a pet monkey.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2008, 12:24 PM   #198
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
There you have it...you are now a bone-fide member of the Lounge...
Lounge. n. See "Hotel California" by The Eagles.

Okay. Getting worried.

Quote:
Are you, perchance, related to one Private Frazer of the Home Guard (aka Dad's Army)?

Okay. Sensing a worryingly not-positive trend here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Yeah, they tried to rescue me from the Pandorg by blowing up the lab.
Tried, as in failed? So you are still a puppet of the Panda-ettes?

(What I don't get is why you didn't just build some mega-tank out of assorted junk and bust yourself out.... What do you mean, "this is real-life and you're not a member of the A-team"?)
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:54 PM   #199
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I heard Gilligan was always high during that show. And that he had a pet monkey.

was that YOU JJ?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:18 PM   #200
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
That is the most amazing black/white drawing of a naked woman I've ever seen.
Type "silhouette" into Google's image search, Taylor - you will be amazed at the wall-to-wall feminine nudity available to you.

Quote:
Take two aspirin and quit bothering me with your trivial little problems!

$250, please, you can pay the laddy at the door.
One Zany Carter Deluxe coming up!

Quote:
Good start, now lets incorporate them into one! (Migraine gone?)
I'll work on it (but I'm not a good PS'er for image modification, so don't expect Doctor Moreau quality work out of it).

...and, yes, it has, thank-you.

Quote:
you will notice that, contrary to what cats think, the Pandorg is the center of this little universe.
...but it's only a little universe. The Gibbon, of course, rules them all and binds them.

Quote:
Never turn your back on a cat. Or a duck. The monkeys will just swipe your bananas.
There's a saying I have about Adrian, my friend the Invisible and Inadvertently Violent Gibbon (yes, yes, yes, pshrynk, "$250, pay the laddy at the door"). When some bloke complains about him swiping a banana, I respond "Consider yourself lucky he's not in a testy mood".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Lived all my life with the nasty little buggers. Pain so bad I couldn't move. I never found anything that really worked for me, other than a long lie down.
Mmm, yes, it's a constant journey to find things that might give some relief, however minor (a tablespoon of hot, sweet chilli sauce sometimes...a single, plain-but-sweet biscuit...having the sun bake directly on your forehead...and often they have no effect at all, so any relief might all just be coincidence).

With no relief (other than a long lie down)...arrgghh...totally debilitating and mind-crushing.

Quote:
I'm sure your corpus callosum is just fine.
~sigh~ That's good...I suppose (I was secretly hoping for psychological abnormality ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Oh, and would someone please remove the Pink song "Get the Party Started" from my brain.
Is that the one that goes:

Get this party started on a Saturday night
Everybody's waiting for me to arrive
Sending out the message to all of my friends
We'll be looking flashy in my Mercedes Benz
I got lots of style, check my gold diamond rings
I can go for miles if you know what I meeeeaaaan...

If so, then, no, sorry, can't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Talisker, Ardbeg ... come to my rescue. Vats of Cranachan, you are needed....
That's the spirit!

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #201
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:

Dobie?? Sure. Although Maynard G. Krebs was my favorite. Bob Denver was one of the greats. He played all the best sitcom characters ... Maynard, Gilligan .... umm .... two of the best sitcom characters anyway.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:38 PM   #202
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:

was that YOU JJ?
No at that time I was just a wee little Monkey if that!

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:58 PM   #203
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The answer to Ms Z's question, "What's the difference between a duck?" is:
Both legs are the same as the other.
Do you walk or take a lunch?

How many Microsoft engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
None. They define darkness as the new standard.
Is that a duck in your pocket or are you just happy to ...?

How do you mend a broken quacker?
With duck tape.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:37 AM   #204
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

That's the spirit!

Cheers,
Marc
slainte...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:01 AM   #205
sanders
Connoisseur
sanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.
- Jorge Luis Borges
Just wanted to say I love this quote. I used it in my computer programming book, for the chapter about libraries :-)
sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:13 AM   #206
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
slainte...
No, I tested it with a spirit level and it's perfectly level; not slainted at all!

Cheers,
Marc
Old 07-24-2008, 06:39 AM   #207
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, I tested it with a spirit level and it's perfectly level; not slainted at all!

Cheers,
Marc
pffft...

you obviously need a few tasters...
Old 07-24-2008, 07:12 AM   #208
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:

Cheers,
Marc
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:37 AM   #209
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
pffft...

you obviously need a few tasters...
That's the spirit!

Cheers,
Marc
Old 07-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #210
GeoffC

Quote:
That's the spirit!

Cheers,
Marc

Of course, now lie back; let me position the funnel and then we'll start to pour ---- very gently....

Tags
duck!, unutterable silliness