Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 05:31 AM   #21256
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
You'd think a young lady with that degree of identifying characteristics that could be reported to police would be more careful when engaging in criminal activities such as threatening bank tellers. What a dolt!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #21257
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I know very well the difference between "it's" and "its". If at times I sound like a bumpkin, it's because the iPad's %#*€!@^¥ spell-checker wants to change each and every instance of its to it's.

Dam ewe, Automobile! Dam ewe too hello!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #21258
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I know very well the difference between "it's" and "its". If at times I sound like a bumpkin, it's because the iPad's %#*€!@^¥ spell-checker wants to change each and every instance of its to it's.

LOL! I've been spending time on an Android forum and 90% of the people are signing on from their auto-correct-endabled devices. I feel like I've been learning a new language as the "corrections" tend to be consistent. Except for the one guy who is posting in English but has a German device.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #21259
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
LOL! I've been spending time on an Android forum and 90% of the people are signing on from their auto-correct-endabled devices. I feel like I've been learning a new language as the "corrections" tend to be consistent. Except for the one guy who is posting in English but has a German device.
With android I recommend SwiftKey for such cases. Have it on and running myself. Supports max. 3 languages simultaneously. Have eng.; ger. and pl. installed without any troubles
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #21260
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:

I was told that iPad's spell checker "learns" words. I'm still waiting for it to "learn" that "SolRaven" does not need to be corrected to "So Raven". Hmmmm... then again, Jobs was the largest shareholder in Disney. I wonder if there's a connection...
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #21261
Ravenswd
Enthusiast
Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Visibility.

The available ereading devices weren't being marketed in a way that people could find them or even know what they were. I'd look at the history of the devices and their marketing patterns and the resulting sales. There's a reason why Kindles became the the Kleenex of ereaders - few people knew ereading was even a "thing" until Amazon branded it. The first Kindle launched in late 2007. Sony instroduced eink the year before, but I never noticed and I imagine most other people missed it as well. Amazon already had a huge base of customers to market to directly, many of whom were already buying books.
Thank-you. But it's too late now. The problem was I was writing under a deadline. I needed answers quickly. What I *wanted* to do was come here and ask somebody (and as you have proven, that would have worked), but I just didn't have the time.

Oh, and then someone posted a comment under the article saying I sounded like I didn't know what I was talking about. Which would have been fine except they insinuated that I'm 13 years old (I'm 42).
Ravenswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #21262
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
You'd think a young lady with that degree of identifying characteristics that could be reported to police would be more careful when engaging in criminal activities such as threatening bank tellers. What a dolt!
I don't think that drug addicts care too much about what they say. Anyway the guy I reported to (who used to sit behind me smoking cigarettes at his desk) didn't take it seriously.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #21263
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Why did I set up the guy I like with my friend? Because I'm an idiot, that's why.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:15 AM   #21264
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
For the past three years I've lived in pain. Daily medication, often, walking with a cane, unable to walk more than 200 meters without having to stop. The doctors told me I needed new knees. They said it wouldn't completely stop the pain but it would help. Knee replacements for both legs, but I put it off. I didn't want the surgery. I put up with the pain, I put up with the loss of muscle tone, the gain of weight from no exercise. I knew I just didn't want metal knees. But I figured my days of walking in the woods were over forever. Heck... I figured my days of walking, period, were over!

Then I met a British Osteopath who did some pushing and bending, then told me to 'walk through the pain and it would go away.' Coincidentally this was at the same time as I began my diet change to lose weight. And I started walking through the pain. And the pain got less and less. And I walked and I walked and I walked. I just got back from a 8 kilometer broken trail hike up a very steep mountain to a beautiful remote pond. No pain at all. Tired as all get out, but feel like a million bucks! It's like I've been re-born.

Damn all surgeons to hell.

This is the second time that this sort of thing has happened to me. First it was with my lumbar spine. The doctors wanted to fuse the vertebra and I put it off, living on pain meds until I lucked into meeting an American physiologist who taught me how to stop the pain in my back without surgery.

Damn all surgeons to hell. I guess I can understand though. If they don't cut, cut, cut, they can't pay for country club dues, new cars, and trips to Monaco. Sorry, guys... you ain't gonna cut this boy up just so you can travel 1st class.

Anybody want to but a couple of nice canes?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #21265
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
^ Gives us all hope, thanks Stitchy. I'm about to embark on a new round of Osteopath/Chiropractor treatment (would prefer an Osteopath, but our local practise are charlatans), as I'm still struggling with back pain.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #21266
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I know that regular exercise keeps my hip pain away. I wonder how many doctors recommend surgery because they know that people are not going to do the exercise needed to make things better.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #21267
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
^ Gives us all hope, thanks Stitchy. I'm about to embark on a new round of Osteopath/Chiropractor treatment (would prefer an Osteopath, but our local practise are charlatans), as I'm still struggling with back pain.
I'm telling you... write to Jolie Bookspan... http://www.scuba-doc.com/joliecv.html Shes a good friend, and she's the one who stopped me from getting my spine fused, and had me moving without pain in just a few weeks... and all by e-mail! I didn't get to meet her in person until a year later! You can contact her http://www.drbookspan.com/index.html and she is more than happy to help. She wouldn't even accept payment from me, so I make dinner for her and her husband every time we get together...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I know that regular exercise keeps my hip pain away. I wonder how many doctors recommend surgery because they know that people are not going to do the exercise needed to make things better.
I think it's more the case that most doctors don't even realize that the exercises will make things better. Except in the case of surgeons. They only get paid if the operate. That's their tool. And if your only tool is a hammer, you try to fix every problem with a nail.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #21268
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I think they know, my doctors always tell me to exercise more when pain starts to kick in but they know that I like to work out. So many people today don't work out when they are not in pain that telling them to work out in pain will lead them to look far a doctor who gives them pain meds and then the surgery that they want because that is how we fix things today.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #21269
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I SO HATE ONTRAC! I've been home since my dentist appointment around 1 pm waiting for my replacement Kindle delivery from Ontrac. I've live in a security condo building and have to buzz visitors and delivery people in. The lazy Ontrac person decided that being buzzed in was too much trouble and said they "attempted delivery" which they did not since my phone never rang.

I've been refreshing the tracking page all day and missed the "attempted delivery" by 20 minutes and the driver won't turn around and return. I am so ticked off and after my 2nd call to Ontrac, I'm forcing them to make a Saturday delivery even though I won't be home (they weren't going to deliver until Monday). I've already told them I'm going to complain to Amazon because this is not the first time they've done this.

I could have been out watching the Shuttle Endeavour move through L.A. but I didn't want to chance my Kindle PW in it's obvious Amazon box going missing.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #21270
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
w0wsers! you've been at the dentist for a loooooong time! good to see ya'!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness