Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-09-2008, 10:02 PM   #1
Lector
Lector began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The motive of purchase

Hi to all! I have big doubts about deciding between a device or other one. I'm taking about Sony PRS 505 and Cybook. I do not try to open another post to create a versus between the two, i think that both are the best of the market in quality,size and price. But really I like more the Sony for the consistency and the style because the two are equal of powerful. But finally i think i'll buy Cybook beacuse Mobipocket is the winning format and especially for the function of dictionary. But I think that possibly one day the sony is hacked and could have function of dictionary also or even mobipocket is possible one. My question is:

Do you think that i must buy the one that I like (sony) or the one that gives me safety of format and functions (cybook mobipocket and diccionary)?

Excuse me for my english!

Regards to all from Spain! This forum is great!
Lector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #2
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lector View Post
But I think that possibly one day the sony is hacked and could have function of dictionary also or even mobipocket is possible one.
Welcome and I guess you will get lots of help from other posters who are more knowledgeable than me. However, I would like to add one piece of information that may play a role in your decision.

Now ebook in mobipocket format can be stripped of DRM (so it seems).
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20341
Since there are wonderful tools that can convert no-drm mobipocket into html and one that converts html to sony reader format, now users can read DRMed mobi file on Sony reader with some effort. Of course, it remains to be seen what will become of this tool but it sound promising, even though I did not try it.

So, I guess the main decision factor is dictionary.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2008, 10:34 PM   #3
Lector
Lector began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I can dream that one day i will use the dictionary of my Sony prs-505, meanwhile I read wake up in a Cybook. No?¿ Jeje

Last edited by Lector; 02-09-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Lector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:47 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Dictionary support is an essential feature for me personally. Of course, I appreciate that others may feel differently.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lector View Post
<snip>Do you think that i must buy the one that I like (sony) or the one that gives me safety of format and functions (cybook mobipocket and diccionary)?<snip again>
You may also want to consider the question of warranty support. It's going to be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get Sony to support you in Spain. Bookeen is only one country over, so things should be better.

However, based on the unscientific sample represented by mobileread forum members, more Cybook customers have needed warranty support.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert