Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-20-2015, 10:05 AM   #91
bel3atar
Connoisseur
bel3atar began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That should be "-i" to remove and "+i" to set.

Since the error dump doesn't name the file it is trying to access, I would like to be sure there isn't any other file with an extended attribute set.

= = = =

With nothing else having an extended attribute set and without the "immutable" flag set I would expect the problem to go away.

One other possible problem -
That permission setting allowing only 'root' to change the contents of the file (chmod 444 and chown root:root).

The error dump says that it is cvm (the hardware assisted, Java VM) that is having the problem, and that **might** be running as the user 'framework' rather than as 'root'.

So if you would help with these additional details, we might be able to figure out how to fake-register the series 5.6.x firmware.
I tried chown framework:javausers, and even chmod 777.
None worked.
bel3atar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:47 PM   #92
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bel3atar View Post
I tried chown framework:javausers, and even chmod 777.
None worked.
What user and group is cvm running as?

If you want to troubleshoot the problem yourself, go right ahead, you don't need us to help you.

If you do want help, then your part is to provide information, since I can't see over your shoulder from here.
I have better things to do than waste my time with someone who refuses to answer specific questions with specific information.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2015, 02:22 PM   #93
bel3atar
Connoisseur

Quote:
What user and group is cvm running as?
Code:
[root@kindle root]# ps -ef
UID        PID  PPID  C STIME TTY          TIME CMD
9000      2551  2521  2 18:16 ?        00:01:37 /usr/java/bin/cvm -Xmx23m -Xgc:youngGen=2m,freeMemShrinkThreshold=32% -Dsun.awt.exception.handler=com.amazon.agui.swing.e...
edit: Htop shows framework

Last edited by bel3atar; 11-20-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:31 PM   #94
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bel3atar View Post
Code:
[root@kindle root]# ps -ef
UID        PID  PPID  C STIME TTY          TIME CMD
9000      2551  2521  2 18:16 ?        00:01:37 /usr/java/bin/cvm -Xmx23m -Xgc:youngGen=2m,freeMemShrinkThreshold=32% -Dsun.awt.exception.handler=com.amazon.agui.swing.e...
edit: Htop shows framework
USER and GROUP
Please, or your on your own.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:19 PM   #95
bel3atar
Connoisseur

Quote:
USER and GROUP
Please, or your on your own.
USER=framework
GROUP=javausers
Advert
Old 01-19-2016, 10:38 AM   #96
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevcat View Post
Sorry, I meant 5.6.2.1. Does that mean that the reginfo method will not work for newer firmware version? Should I attempt to downgrade to an older firmware?
The reginfo file has an additional line in newer firmwares.
Ref: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...19&postcount=9
Old 02-18-2016, 03:09 AM   #97
VolDr
VolDr began at the beginning.

Device: Voyage
So is its works on 5.6.5?
VolDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:24 AM   #98
nachox77
nachox77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
I have a Blacklisted Kindle too.

Did you arrived to a conclusion for FW 5.6.5?
Is there any other simple solution for using wikipedia function without registering?
nachox77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:14 AM   #99
e16aasc
e16aasc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I added this subnet on KV 5.6.5 and after turning on wifi registration remains. But Wikipedia and the translator did not work (stay at "searching..." and "translating..."). Any solution?
e16aasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:25 AM   #100
-uragan-
-uragan- began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Does this fake registration works with firmware 5.7.3?
-uragan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:13 AM   #101
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by -uragan- View Post
Does this fake registration works with firmware 5.7.3?
Read up a few posts to get the link to the changes made recently, then . . . .
Try it and report the results.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:50 AM   #102
-uragan-

So, I must add to reginfo.ini following line
userId=amzn1.account.AELYKWHKYPUES5EHXXXXXXXXXXXX
It is correct?
After this change I can't launch Kindle Launcher. Message: This device is not recognized as Test-Kindle from developer. Please contact developer.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:09 AM   #103
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Reboot your Kindle, then try again. MKK should reinstall itself on reboot.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:18 AM   #104
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -uragan- View Post
So, I must add to reginfo.ini following line
userId=amzn1.account.AELYKWHKYPUES5EHXXXXXXXXXXXX
It is correct?
After this change I can't launch Kindle Launcher. Message: This device is not recognized as Test-Kindle from developer. Please contact developer.
Any time the Kindle detects a deregistration, it removes third-party Kindlet keys, thus requiring a reinstall of MKK.

As shamanNS said, rebooting will reinstall it.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:54 AM   #105
-uragan-

Thanks.
After Reboot and using delivered reginfo.ini it works.

Tags
collections, fake registration, hacks, paperwhite, registration