Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-30-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
My new favorite drawing app - Sketch Mate Advanced

I saw that there was a new drawing app for the Kindle that wasn't just one of those silly sketching or basic ones and decided to try it out. I love it.

Here's some of their screenshots:

(You can change the menu to just icons and hide the menu tab thingy, it works a lot better that way)

Quote:
Features:
- Full color palette, including alpha control
- Choose from both portrait and landscape modes
- Layer functionality with layer-switch functionality and visibility toggle
- 4 Brush Styles - Blur, Emboss, Brush Fill and Drop Shadow)
- Eraser (can be used in conjunction with brush styles)
- Undo/Redo - set the amount within the options (see note below)
- Eyedropper tool for color selection
- Clear canvas function that clears the active layer
- Choice of Backgrounds - Pick from 4 colors, load an image from your device, or select a pre-made background template
- View images in the Gallery, share your work, or start a new project
- Tablet friendly
Costs $1.99 (well worth it)

http://www.amazon.com/Sketch-Mate-Ad...1036553&sr=1-1
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:39 AM   #2
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I use this one
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/infinite-painter-perhaps-the-best-drawing-tool-for-android/.

much better than Autodesk Sketchbook that I bought from Amazon
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Both of those look pretty good! Do they have a Sketchmate for other devices besides the Fire? I would like to see it on my Asus with a bigger screen.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarky View Post
Both of those look pretty good! Do they have a Sketchmate for other devices besides the Fire? I would like to see it on my Asus with a bigger screen.
Yes they do

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tldGNobWF0ZSJd

And here's Infinite Painter, I tried it, but I don't know:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...W50ZXJmcmVlIl0.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
I use this one
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/infinite-painter-perhaps-the-best-drawing-tool-for-android/.

much better than Autodesk Sketchbook that I bought from Amazon
I like both of these. I just wish that Sketchbook had some more brushes and such.

But, both work fine for me and my (lack of) artistic ability.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi the thing that bothers me about Autodesk Sketchbook is that it is a PAID app that I bought!!.

But it requires my KF to connect to the internet at least every 60 days or it "deactivates" until I connect again.

very annoying.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
Hi the thing that bothers me about Autodesk Sketchbook is that it is a PAID app that I bought!!.

But it requires my KF to connect to the internet at least every 60 days or it "deactivates" until I connect again.

very annoying.
That's pretty good. I applaud a company who is trying to combat piracy. And I like, that unlike Adobe, they don't just give students discounts, they give you the whole set of their software for free to use for educational purposes.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT

Quote:
"That's pretty good. I applaud a company who is trying to combat piracy"
Ummmm No...I disagree
I was never informed that I was buying an app that required an internet connection.
not going to gripe too much over $1.99 cents
but I dont like to pay for a "full version" of something and have to prove I am not a "thief" every few months or lose my functionality.
I am glad I have infinate painter though as it is much better than Sketchbook without the draconian
anti-piracy garbage.