Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Application update: application not installed error

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? some "apk" files seem updatable via 1mobile market but some others just give this error but no further detail. even file expert, which is an amazon fire app store app....
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:08 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? some "apk" files seem updatable via 1mobile market but some others just give this error but no further detail. even file expert, which is an amazon fire app store app....
You can't update a app that has a different signature on it. It must comes from the market it was installed from.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You can't update a app that has a different signature on it. It must comes from the market it was installed from.

Good point. I don't remember I have had any problems when it comes to updating Free Apps. In most cases downloading a newer free App forces an uninstall of the older App if it was downloaded from somewhere else. But paid Apps (including the Free App of the Day from Amazon) cannot be updated from anywhere except the source. For example, when I get the Update messages from the AndroidPIT App Store App, it will show if there is an update for a paid App but it puts it under Update Not Possible because you haven't purchased this App via the App Center.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-30-2011 at 01:44 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
TechnoCat
Zealot
TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Kindle Fire
I've had updates from the same market fail too on the Fire, though not on my phone. Get around it by uninstalling the app and reinstalling instead of "upgrading".
TechnoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Hmmmm. I have an issue updating file expert and dictionary
, both of which came from 1 mobile Bc i couldn't get the amzn store to dl them for me for some reakson. Both programs work fine in the currently installed version so upgrading is onluly an activity I'm attempting because my dagnabbed notifications for updates keep repopulating every few hours. I cant stand having constant nagging to perform updates on files i cannot update.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert