Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Kobo Touch Firmware 1.9.9

I just updated my Kobo Touch to 1.9.9
It looks the same as 1.9.8 though.

Did anyone else get this?
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
petemjones
petemjones began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X50V, Literati, Kobo Touch
Yes , it just popped up on mine, looks same as 1.9.8 to me.
petemjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I guess there was some problem with 1.9.8 and this just contains a fix of some sort.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi everyone,

We unfortunately found an issue with the 1.9.8 release that required an urgent fix. Apologies for the inconvenience. We would have released the fix with the same version number, but we think a significant amount of people had already installed 1.9.8, therefore we had to increment to trigger the upgrade.

Thanks!
Sameer.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
danskmacabre
Guru

Ah ok, I figured it was going to be something like that.
Thanks for the heads up!
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #6
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
What was the issue?
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
actiss
actiss began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I can confirm that the footnote/endnote bug for sideloaded ePubs has not been fixed. Disappointing, but perhaps they weren't aware of the bug when 1.9.9 was compiled.
actiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #8
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
We unfortunately found an issue with the 1.9.8 release that required an urgent fix.
Does that mean that everyone who installed 1.9.8 should urgently update to 1.9.9?
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:11 PM   #9
ldrover
Connoisseur
ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad Mini
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Hi everyone,

We unfortunately found an issue with the 1.9.8 release that required an urgent fix. Apologies for the inconvenience. We would have released the fix with the same version number, but we think a significant amount of people had already installed 1.9.8, therefore we had to increment to trigger the upgrade.

Thanks!
Sameer.
I have updated to 1.9.9. Can't see any difference so far. Have any of the following issues with 1.9.8 been fixed:
  • Home screen shows only books on SD card;
  • Device spontaneously turns itself on;
  • Pause when tapping after 6 pages or so (skips two pages after second tap).
Love my Kobo Touch, but these (particularly the first two) bugs are frustrating.
ldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #10
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Oh wow - another update?

I'm off to grab my Kobos (Kobi?)
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #11
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Home screen shows only books on SD card;
Not fixed. Apparently to be fixed in the next release.

Quote:
Device spontaneously turns itself on;
Was supposed to be fixed in 1.9.7. Is it still happening to your Touch?

Quote:
Pause when tapping after 6 pages or so (skips two pages after second tap).
Has not happened with my Touch since 1.9.7.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #12
rizzyh
rizzyh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
Was supposed to be fixed in 1.9.7. Is it still happening to your Touch?
Happened with mine after the 1.9.8 update. Forgot to set the sleep and power off options to never.
rizzyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #13
unaj41
Enthusiast
unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Dictionary Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by corewin View Post
hey guys i think i may have found a bug. every time i look up a word in the dictionary it seems to show the code along with it. i tried it in my own converted epub, and with a kepub that came with the kobo out of the box.

software version 1.9.8 (r30710, Jul 27 2011)
The Dictionary bug (post #13 from 1.9.8 thread) seems to be fixed ... Thanks!
unaj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #14
readingglasses
Zealot
readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.

Device: (prospective) kobo touch
OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!

version 2.0 is almost heeeeeere!!
readingglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:56 PM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No.... version 1.9.10 is almost here :P
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote