Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-21-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
rkellmer
rkellmer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500 / iPhone 3GS / iPad 32GB
Changing web pages to PDF's using Web2book

Converting webpages (located on my computer) to PDF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought a Sony Reader last week. It is great.

Here is my problem: I have about 3,000 webpages that are on my local computer. Each one is a conversion of a single book. I have tried to convert them to PDF by opening them in Internet Explorer, and using the local address as the URL in Web2book. Web2book gives me the following message:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: A port was expected because of there is a colon (':') present but the port could not be parsed.
at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
at web2book.Utils.GetUrlResponse(String url, String& error, String postData, ICredentials creds, String contentType)
at web2book.Utils.GetWebResponse(String url, String& error, String postData, ICredentials creds, String contentType)
at web2book.Utils.GetContent(String link, String html, String linkProcessor, String contentExtractor, String contentFormatter, Int32 depth, StringBuilder log)
at web2book.Utils.GetHtml(String url, Int32 numberOfDays, String linkProcessor, String contentExtractor, String contentFormatter, Int32 depth, StringBuilder log)
at web2book.WebPage.GetHtml(ISource mySourceGroup, Int32 displayWidth, Int32 displayHeight, Int32 displayDepth, StringBuilder log)
at web2book.MainForm.AddSource(ContentSourceList sourceClass, ContentSource source, Boolean isAutoUpdate)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can get around this by posting each webpage on my Geocities site, but that is a lot of extra work. Any idea how I can convert the local html file without doing all that?

Thanks!!
rkellmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Why do you want to convert them to PDF?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
rkellmer

Smile I don't necesarily need PDF files

I would be willing to change the html to other types of files, as long as they keep all the formatting. When I used Web2book, they came out looking nice on the Sony Reader.

Do you have another format they could be changed to?

Thanks!!
Old 09-22-2007, 05:41 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
html2lrf
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:05 AM   #5
rkellmer

Thumbs up Thanks for your suggestion

I downloaded your program libprs500, and it did a great job converting the html files, and it let me add the titles and authors, which were not showing correctly earlier.

Great program!
Advert