Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
strangy
strangy began at the beginning.

Device: levro
frustrated

hi i am new on this site and would like some help. I have a levro ebook reader and can put phots and videos on but cannot get it to reconise books.any advice please?
strangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:58 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ....

mmm not compatible with kindle/Amazon - suggesting it'll only read ePub books (perhaps) ...

Where are you sourcing your books from - have a look here and see if any of the ePub downloads can be seen on the levro .... >> Patricia Clark Memorial Library
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2011, 05:23 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
# Your MP4, AVI or 3GP videos look great on the 7in TFT colour screen, which can be viewed in either landscape or portrait
# Should you wish to enjoy some of your favourite tunes on the go the music player supports both MP3 and WMA formats
# In-built FM radio with the option to preset your favourite radio stations
# EBooks, music, movies, together with photos can be stored on the 2GB internal memory
# Not compatible with Amazon Kindle or Apple iTunes
Welcome to MR.

I also found the pdf quick guide (here) that says it uses ADE and suggests purchasing from whsmith.co.uk and waterstones.com

So, it looks like you can use epub books.

Last edited by dreams; 04-14-2011 at 05:26 AM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Strangy. Luck with a quick-fix and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
jenksey
jenksey began at the beginning.

levro

Hi, I to have purchased a levro off Ebay. I have managed to get some books onto it epub files. Brought one off smiths and can I get it to open on the levro NO!! I have spoken to smiths who say it is not supported by them and contacted Giani who say return it to where you bought it. I won't as it was so cheap. You get what you pay for at the end of the day I suppose!

It does work but not with all .epub files sadly.

Let me know if you have any luck.

These worked for me: http://ebookee.org/Ebooks-Best-of-20...s_1080799.html

Sorry if you are not supposed to put links on.
jenksey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #6
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

jenksey

Are the books it doesn't work with encrypted ?
Old 04-27-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:35 AM   #8
jenksey
jenksey began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
jenksey

Are the books it doesn't work with encrypted ?
Must be! I have converted the whsmith's book to Pdf using Calibre, works fine now.
jenksey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:03 AM   #9
GeoffC