Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
el.jeffe58
Vocophorian
el.jeffe58 began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HDX7, Voyage, PW2, Touch 3G, Fire TV
YouTube problem on Silk

If I click on a video in the Silk browser from the YouTube site, it won't play. It seems like I have never encountered this before. Is something odd happening today with Kindle HDX's and YouTube?

In lieu of this issue, I paid for and downloaded the VTube app and it seems to be doing just fine. I chose to get a fully featured app vs side loading the YouTube app from Google. Just my preference.

Edit: Spoke to Mayday-it's a known issue that began today. YouTube is dead in the water on Silk. She recommended downloading vTube (what she referred to as "the app".) I guess that's all to report.

Last edited by el.jeffe58; 03-06-2014 at 07:53 PM. Reason: update
el.jeffe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #2
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Thanks for the post. My sister called about her HDX saying she couldn't get YouTube working. I just called & told her what you wrote.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #3
mcrow
Zealot
mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4/Kindle Fire HD/Kindle Fire HDX 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by el.jeffe58 View Post
If I click on a video in the Silk browser from the YouTube site, it won't play. It seems like I have never encountered this before. Is something odd happening today with Kindle HDX's and YouTube?

In lieu of this issue, I paid for and downloaded the VTube app and it seems to be doing just fine. I chose to get a fully featured app vs side loading the YouTube app from Google. Just my preference.

Edit: Spoke to Mayday-it's a known issue that began today. YouTube is dead in the water on Silk. She recommended downloading vTube (what she referred to as "the app".) I guess that's all to report.
You could have downloaded youtube from 1mobile market onto your HDX for free, that's what I did.
mcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:46 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
You could have downloaded youtube from 1mobile market onto your HDX for free, that's what I did.
My son has the youtube app on his Fire HD so I must have gotten it from 1mobile. It stopped working the other day, but he updated it, now it works again. (Good to know it doesn't work via Silk, as he is blocked from using the web).
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I think the latest updates for HD2 and HDX may have fixed this. I'm able to play Youtube video with Silk again.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote