Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #1
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Kindle Fire Screen broke?

A friend of mines kindle fire screen is having issues, its color is off and it is not responding to touch. I am worried that the touch screen part is damaged, there is a residue I can see around the edge. My computer see's my kindle with I hook up the USB and plug in. In theory my computer see's her's but it is not bringing up the normal message and Calibre doesn't see the Fire properly.

Idea's? Suggestions?

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:32 PM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pictures

Here are the pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1003.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	539.9 KB
ID:	118611   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1004.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	625.2 KB
ID:	118612  
Old 02-02-2014, 06:10 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You've been an MR member more than long enough to know how to use the forums correctly. Moved to the Kindle Fire forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I honestly think it's more than just a screen issue, especially since the computer didn't mention that it was connected. Is the port loose? That was a common issue on 1st generation Kindle Fires.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #5
sassanik
Guru

works!

Well I went to do your suggestion this morning and wiggled cord in the port and then powered it on, and it came on and the screen looks normal! and I was able to get it to talk to my computer! I left it pluggged in over night to make sure it got to full charge. No clue why it is working today but I am just going to call it good!
My friend is going to be so excited that it is working correctly!

Amy
Old 02-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #6
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Oh, heh, well good! Hopefully it doesn't stop working again.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broke, fire, kindle, screen